Security Installer Community

What Is The Bleeping?

grtrekkie

it means theres a fault on the system somewhere, mains fail, battery fail????

Surely the installers will have given that sort of information to someone in authority, e.g. the premises manager.

You don't install a system "at work" as the OP said without training people on how to use it and what fault indications are and how to deal with them. :cold2:

Guest anguscanplay
Surely the installers will have given that sort of information to someone in authority, e.g. the premises manager.

You don't install a system "at work" as the OP said without training people on how to use it and what fault indications are and how to deal with them. :cold2:

oh you do amateurandy

there are hundreds of fault indicators and all the customer wants to do know how to get the system set and go home - will tell them in the manual what the fault is likely to be - could just be chime with a door or pir triggering - odd thing is no fault showing to engineer -

Guest anguscanplay
evem more odd is the fact that the panel doesnt show chime mode or a fault! just that it is normal

is it a communicated system? set to bleep if off when there is a line fault - wrong connection to exchange maybe

Almost sounds like a electricial noise fault getting into the Galaxy KP, do they generate their tone electronicaly at the KP or is it a speaker wire I wonder...

It's either a faulty panel or interfearence I rekon, if it was a fault there would be some sort of information on the KP I think?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

sounds like comms problem , does the alarm line share the same bt line as something else. Or could be that there are events that havnt been viewed and cleared. Obtain manger code and push enter to view faults. Maybe a 24hr door been opened ?? just a thought.

Chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Archived