Security Installer Community

Lcd Tv Prices Dropping

arfur mo

Even with everything stated above,its still not the full story.

You may have the resolution, but the TV may only interlace rather than progressive scan. They say that 780p can be better than 1080i even if 1080 does have more resolution.

At the moment there are no plans for TV to be broadcast in 1080p, the only thing to use it at the moment is HD DVD and I think the PS3 and maybe Xbox360

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Even with everything stated above,its still not the full story.

You may have the resolution, but the TV may only interlace rather than progressive scan. They say that 780p can be better than 1080i even if 1080 does have more resolution.

At the moment there are no plans for TV to be broadcast in 1080p, the only thing to use it at the moment is HD DVD and I think the PS3 and maybe Xbox360

Remember PalPlus! Channel 4 did it for a while but nobody bothered about it and it was dropped. Will there be enough digital bandwidth for it at switchover I wonder?

Labour are selling everything they can't tax which includes spectrum bandwidth.........Not to mention MOD land, hospital land etc etc. How long before we go bust under Labour again!

Sorry, got into rant mode again. :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

my advice is:

go and watch :yes:

visit john lewis or richersound showroom and see what YOU need, what you like

ask them all questions you need answered

then...

buy online :P

AOC 32' Resolution1366 x 768 is really good

for THAT size

but you dont know picture quality untill you actually watch it

its not just resolution

it can have e.g.

extremely red color temperature that cannot be adjusted

or false-contouring artifacts in dark scenes etc

thanks quaser,

sound advice i will follow, i tend these days to research before gong into the showroom. being a sucker for a gadget and open to impulse buy, i'll get obviously 'sucked in' by the salesman then regret it when i get the box open.

got shed loads of wonderful gadgets - i never ever used :rolleyes:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Remember PalPlus! Channel 4 did it for a while but nobody bothered about it and it was dropped. Will there be enough digital bandwidth for it at switchover I wonder?

Labour are selling everything they can't tax which includes spectrum bandwidth.........Not to mention MOD land, hospital land etc etc. How long before we go bust under Labour again!

Sorry, got into rant mode again. :rolleyes:

hi luggsey,

i was reading a sunday suppliment 2 weeks back, don't know which one as it was my brother-in-laws paper. the reporter suggested when 625 finally bites th dirt, not all the band width will not simply be given the the HD Tv. apparently it is worth

hi luggsey,

i was reading a sunday suppliment 2 weeks back, don't know which one as it was my brother-in-laws paper. the reporter suggested when 625 finally bites th dirt, not all the band width will not simply be given the the HD Tv. apparently it is worth

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

At the moment there are no plans for TV to be broadcast in 1080p, the only thing to use it at the moment

is HD DVD and I think the PS3 and maybe Xbox360

At the moment

tv is for life, not just for christmas ;)

i think in a few years it might be standard

tv manufacturers have to do something for a living so i expect

huge advertising campain "change your tv for full HD, have full picture"

unless they invent somenthing completely different...

i do not remember the name but new technology,

superior to LCD and plasma does exist

better, cheaper

but they have spent milions of milions on lcd and plasma manufacturing lines

so they need return on their investments first

got shed loads of wonderful gadgets - i never ever used

sell it on ebay

i might buy them :whistle:

At the moment

tv is for life, not just for christmas ;)

i think in a few years it might be standard

tv manufacturers have to do something for a living so i expect

huge advertising campain "change your tv for full HD, have full picture"

unless they invent somenthing completely different...

i do not remember the name but new technology,

superior to LCD and plasma does exist

better, cheaper

but they have spent milions of milions on lcd and plasma manufacturing lines

so they need return on their investments first

sell it on ebay

i might buy them :whistle:

lol, i'll do the lni bell covers first with gallery pics

:whistle:

regs

alan

After ordering a plasma two weeks ago and then reading all your posts on here I wondered if I had done the right thing. Any it arrived last Thursday, set it all up and got it working (Samsung 42") and it is superb and the wife was well impressed as well. Our old TV took up about an eigth of our lounge so to have the extra space was great. I read several magazines and talked to the sales guys and then looked for my self, the magazines which I read said that plasma was the way to go for large screens and LCD for smaller screens (although Icould not see much difference). A couple of the sales guys said that you can get a lag on LCD when watching fast moving scenes and with the newer plasma units coming out a life expectancy of fifteen years. So if you are thinking of getting one, I would recommend it.

Kev

After ordering a plasma two weeks ago and then reading all your posts on here I wondered if I had done the right thing. Any it arrived last Thursday, set it all up and got it working (Samsung 42") and it is superb and the wife was well impressed as well. Our old TV took up about an eigth of our lounge so to have the extra space was great. I read several magazines and talked to the sales guys and then looked for my self, the magazines which I read said that plasma was the way to go for large screens and LCD for smaller screens (although Icould not see much difference). A couple of the sales guys said that you can get a lag on LCD when watching fast moving scenes and with the newer plasma units coming out a life expectancy of fifteen years. So if you are thinking of getting one, I would recommend it.

Kev

Thanks Kev,

i had noticed the lag when knocking arround in showrooms, not sure if it is because the digita reciver has to be fudged to bckwards compatible and accomadate the (soon to be) legacy technology.

regs

alan

Archived