Security Installer Community

Lcd Tv Prices Dropping

arfur mo

Plasmas can be re-gassed and LCD can be relamped, I know what sounds cheaper!

Where'd u get that that info mate? :hmm: as far as i know the only type of tv which you can replace anythin in are the DLP ones. regassing is an urban myth.

Not married but i sympathize..i just managed to buy a 37 inch samsung for

Where'd u get that that info mate? :hmm: as far as i know the only type of tv which you can replace anythin in are the DLP ones. regassing is an urban myth.

can''t say i agree with samsung not bein a good make, the samsung and panasonic lcd and plasma screens always looked sharper. personally mate i wouldn't buy anything unless you can see the quailty of the screen first, a lot of cheap makes have poor quality screens (as you would kind of expect). if its bein wall mounted then your gonna have to look at it for a good few years so you need to be convinced your gonna be happy with it :)

I picked up that nugget years ago when a design studio i was working in bought the latest Hitachi 17k each! plasmas, the suppliers told them they could be regassed in a few years if they needed it?

Is that a no no on the new consumer versions then?

Added.

6) You may also be worried or have heard that plasmas will at some point need re-gassing (replacing the neon or xenon gases they use to create their picture). The fact is they will but only after about 60,000 hours of viewing – or to put it another way, if you watch TV non-stop 24 hours a day for about 7 years this may become an issue! If you watch TV about 6 hours a day every day your plasma will last about 28 years (we think it likely you may well have bought a new one by then, don't you?). Still worried? Then buy a LCD TV because their technology depends on nothing more than light passing through a prismatic substrate meaning there's no gas to replace and not a lot to wear out (except the backlight source which may one day need replacing). LCD manufacturers also claim 60,000 hours longevity. We've never tested this since our boss won’t let us watch TV all day, shame!

Found this on a sales site, I have found that it is considered a "myth" although it can be done it would possibly be far to expensive!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

I picked up that nugget years ago when a design studio i was working in bought the latest Hitachi 17k each! plasmas, the suppliers told them they could be regassed in a few years if they needed it?

Is that a no no on the new consumer versions then?

Added.

6) You may also be worried or have heard that plasmas will at some point need re-gassing (replacing the neon or xenon gases they use to create their picture). The fact is they will but only after about 60,000 hours of viewing – or to put it another way, if you watch TV non-stop 24 hours a day for about 7 years this may become an issue! If you watch TV about 6 hours a day every day your plasma will last about 28 years (we think it likely you may well have bought a new one by then, don't you?). Still worried? Then buy a LCD TV because their technology depends on nothing more than light passing through a prismatic substrate meaning there's no gas to replace and not a lot to wear out (except the backlight source which may one day need replacing). LCD manufacturers also claim 60,000 hours longevity. We've never tested this since our boss won’t let us watch TV all day, shame!

Found this on a sales site, I have found that it is considered a "myth" although it can be done it would possibly be far to expensive!

Thats probably about right, i was always told the panels were factory sealed units, hence they would need totally dismantling for any "re-gassing" to be done. cheaper just to buy a new one!!!!

but plasma is a better picture,and as of yet lcd cannot match the picture quality size foe size...also keep away from cheap makes,the saying you get what you pay for is correct...wasted

Guest anguscanplay

just to give you all something to argue about whilst im not here

"the picture on any flat screen tv is never going to be as good as the one on the old set you just threw away whever you paid

Guest Sparky169
just to give you all something to argue about whilst im not here

"the picture on any flat screen tv is never going to be as good as the one on the old set you just threw away whever you paid

i'd buy full HD not just "HD ready"

bear in ming plasma is much heavier, cant really display stable picture for long (including teletext, on screen menu)

and uses at least two times more power than LCD

its sharper, got better contrast tho'

AOL is good quality kit, its not cheap chinese noname

i've noticed even with the higher priced sets on display in the big stores, the scenes tend to jump rather than be smooth, if you watch a slow power boat the coast or bank seems to move in lumps. is that due to scaling for the 625 format?

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest Sparky169
i'd buy full HD not just "HD ready"

bear in ming plasma is much heavier, cant really display stable picture for long (including teletext, on screen menu)

and uses at least two times more power than LCD

its sharper, got better contrast tho'

AOL is good quality kit, its not cheap chinese noname

thats an internet service provider isnt it :question:

Archived