Security Installer Community

Eurosec Cpl8l Tamper Lockout

firstline

Guest anguscanplay
A customer has had her alarm in lock out after the window cleaner tapped her bell box . i have tried to clear tamper using decription in user manual to no avail. any one come across this before on know what to do?

thanks

would go down on my callout sheet as genuin alarm/vandalism so i would charge for the callout anyway whever to reset the switch ( most likely needed) or just to engineer reset the panel

I have re3moved quote

Arfur

As a neutral on intruder, how are the guys on the forum, in all fairness, able to differentiate between your request for information, in what may well be a genuinely innocent situation, and someone trying to circumvent a system??

If the panel is asking for an engineer code/reset then surely, that's what it needs.

Or do want the forum to post all engineer codes so all and sundry, including burglar bill, can use them?

:huh:

Guest anguscanplay

i have removed quote and comment

Arfur

the electrical trade have there own certification schemes and the alarm industry has its own there is a reason we put things on resets and lock down the engineer codes which has nothing to do with taking money off the customer but more to do with efficacy system specifications and insurance approval

if youre customer isnt maintained and isnt claiming insurance subsidies then repair away if you dont have enough knowledge we can help to a certain point without compromising security but no further

as i said i would charge for this call i would bet the install company would too thats why they came to you ?

(ps this has happened to a customer of mine)

just realised you said a customer of yours - you arnt a milkman by anychance

lugsy lol

:roflmao:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

As a neutral on intruder, how are the guys on the forum, in all fairness, able to differentiate between your request for information, in what may well be a genuinely innocent situation, and someone trying to circumvent a system??

If the panel is asking for an engineer code/reset then surely, that's what it needs.

Or do want the forum to post all engineer codes so all and sundry, including burglar bill, can use them?

:huh:

thats why the big slogan on top of the page says what it says

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

Thanks chris ,

im in gee cross too .

Thanks for that re the engineers code , bet the engineer didnt leave that so , or likely to give it out.

Sounds a bit bit suss though that after a tamper on the bell box you need an engineer to come an press a reset button.

Think ill get in on these panels. last time i fitted optima panels , they reset by de energising. What about these babies?

hi firstline,

i ask this as you say you have 'dabled' in alarms and know the risks from 240 power.

the panel might be set to 'reset tampers' by master user code only, so having adjusted/reset the sirens contacts, enter a master users code to see if it clears it.

you will know if it is a 'master' code you have had given to you as you can access the 'time and date' menu with it.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
:hmm: not the brightest spark are we ;)

used to fit optimas so probably not worked on a real system before

now before we get closed here we have a classic situation were a person has posted mr public type question to which the answer is simple

the posted starts by saying a customer of his and then talks about previus experience so we assume he is a trading sparky

this he confirms by having a rant about following our industry and starting to charge his customers to reset mcb`s

answers given should have helped him to cure a problem he should have been able to solve anyway whilst i enjoy a discussion as much as the next man i am sure if i went onto sparks.co.uk and asked about my tripped mcb the reply would have been get it checked by a competant engineer

imo the guy came to have a moan and was really after an engineer code much nicer when people come back on to say wonderfull that worked or sorry didnt work anyway but thanks

You're all doing well being restrained guys, no abuse has been thrown either way yet, however if this topic does degenerate it will be closed. (Not that thats ever likely to happen ehh :whistle: )

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived