Security Installer Community

Eurosec Cpl8l Tamper Lockout

firstline

A customer has had her alarm in lock out after the window cleaner tapped her bell box . i have tried to clear tamper using decription in user manual to no avail. any one come across this before on know what to do?

thanks

Call the install engineer who will reset it, its not possible to reset the system if its on eng reset for tamper.

Better still, call me, i'm in Gee Cross.

Call the install engineer who will reset it, its not possible to reset the system if its on eng reset for tamper.

Better still, call me, i'm in Gee Cross.

Thanks chris ,

im in gee cross too .

Thanks for that re the engineers code , bet the engineer didnt leave that so , or likely to give it out.

Sounds a bit bit suss though that after a tamper on the bell box you need an engineer to come an press a reset button.

Think ill get in on these panels. last time i fitted optima panels , What about these babies?

Edited out 'reseting' info.

Arfur

Thanks chris ,

im in gee cross too .

Thanks for that re the engineers code , bet the engineer didnt leave that so , or likely to give it out.

Sounds a bit bit suss though that after a tamper on the bell box you need an engineer to come an press a reset button.

Think ill get in on these panels. last time i fitted optima panels ,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx What about these babies?

Nope. If it wants a reset, it needs resetting.

The reason behind the idea of engineer reset is so that after a fault\damaged cable etc... the system gets checked by an engineer and noted in the log book\service history and the fault is cleared\repaired properly.

Nope. If it wants a reset, it needs resetting.

The reason behind the idea of engineer reset is so that after a fault\damaged cable etc... the system gets checked by an engineer and noted in the log book\service history and the fault is cleared\repaired properly.

EDITED BY ARFUR

member pm'd with advice on posting IT STOPS HERE EVERYONE!!!

Arfur

Ive got a great idea , every time an MCB blows ill tell my customers , that they cant reset it. call me out and ill charge them to check the installation before i reset it. Or behave reasonably talk to them as to what may have caused the fault. Try to solve the fault over the phone and if the MCB still trips make a visit.

i get the feeling this isnt somewhere that tradesmen help each other , more a call me out type of place!!

Tell you what, if you're not happy with completely correct FREE advice, go somewhere else where you'll be happy with the incorrect answer.

Agree, once they are locked there isn't much you can do apart from getting the code or start again. Who is the install company? Where abouts in gee cross are you then? Its only a small place..

its a firm in hazel grove ,

chris , ill give you a call .

Another Chris

Just another thought, re the original post. The tamper switch/lever/spring may have dislodged in the bell box and may actually need looking at also.

Archived