Security Installer Community

Eurosec Cpl8l Tamper Lockout

firstline

As a neutral on intruder, how are the guys on the forum, in all fairness, able to differentiate between your request for information, in what may well be a genuinely innocent situation, and someone trying to circumvent a system??

If the panel is asking for an engineer code/reset then surely, that's what it needs.

Or do want the forum to post all engineer codes so all and sundry, including burglar bill, can use them?

:huh:

Hi Cubit,

no we don't post ebgineers info fro defaulting or reseting other than what is avaialble to the end user from the end users manual. thats the problem though, the end users manual is oft written by an egineer who undestands the system, but not end users :rolleyes: .

thats why we respond with our assistance, but restrict what is allowed to be wrote.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

used to fit optimas so probably not worked on a real system before

now before we get closed here we have a classic situation were a person has posted mr public type question to which the answer is simple

the posted starts by saying a customer of his and then talks about previus experience so we assume he is a trading sparky

this he confirms by having a rant about following our industry and starting to charge his customers to reset mcb`s

answers given should have helped him to cure a problem he should have been able to solve anyway whilst i enjoy a discussion as much as the next man i am sure if i went onto sparks.co.uk and asked about my tripped mcb the reply would have been get it checked by a competant engineer

imo the guy came to have a moan and was really after an engineer code much nicer when people come back on to say wonderfull that worked or sorry didnt work anyway but thanks

Hi All,

we have a 'clasic' reason why public moderators were brought in

so can we ALL also concider this -:

as a 'newbie' member you ask a question because you don't know the answer to it and fair enough, but the answer you get is not as clear or as complete as you would wish. not knowing why (and there are very good reasons) and being shortish replie's given can be seen as 'offish', so you might also think from the replies given that the people replying to you were being aloof even rude.

this is not to say any of them were and the responses were of good quality, but we know are restricted as to what we say in the public area, and rightly so for obvious security and safety reasons, not seen by a newbie member.

please keep courtesy as a main platform, even if you feel you are bing 'tried' for patience, or don't post

due to the above i have edited/deleted to restore calm and common sense, any members so affected please do not take as a personal critasism of any person.

regs

alan

Alan why are you editing all these posts 24hrs after they were posted? surely if the posts were not acceptable one of the other mods would of spotted them by now and editted them earlier?

Maybe (and I want you to take this as constructive Alan not as a critism I am try to help) you should of asked in the public Mod forum why nothing was done earlier, this would give a good indication of whether you needed to Mod or not.

Please do not take offence by this post I have tried to keep it polite, constructive, and helpful

Lenny

Lenny Id like to say first that would seem like a great idea BUT none of the moderators sit on here 24/7 We do need sleep LOL plus social lives etc so sometimes posts do not get picked up untill the next day or even a good few hours after they have been posted

Arfur Mo has taken action he sees fit to protect the following :

This community will not divulge control panel defaulting instructions to standard members. Neither will this community provide Engineer/Installation manuals for any control panel or other security equipment

He as well as the other mods are trying to make this a happier more constructive place

Regs

FCE

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

Alan why are you editing all these posts 24hrs after they were posted? surely if the posts were not acceptable one of the other mods would of spotted them by now and editted them earlier?

Maybe (and I want you to take this as constructive Alan not as a critism I am try to help) you should of asked in the public Mod forum why nothing was done earlier, this would give a good indication of whether you needed to Mod or not.

Please do not take offence by this post I have tried to keep it polite, constructive, and helpful

Lenny

hi Lenny,

no problemo, i just can't be on the forum 24 hours (i have to go out and attend systems installed by others and put them right ;) ).

there is no time limit as to when a moderator responds that i am aware of, if i'm the 1st to notice it, then thats because i'm a big sado with a maniac mother-in-law who wear's wrinkly noara batty endorsed fish net pop socks - hows the dinner doing?

we have private lives to attend to, so later is better than never (i hope :hmm: )

regs

alan

My comment was not about the content of the thread Alan?

Other public mods were on yesteday (including Dave) and last night and have read this thread and did not see any reason to edit.

You come on 24hrs later and turn the whole thread into a ww11 censored war letter.

Lenny

Hi Lenny,

Public Mod's have been asked to watch out for posts going 'soure' imo this was one showing signs of being well on the way of going the same direction.

i'm note debating any other moderators views, but acting to the remit (as i see it).

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay

if i can just throw in the odd handgranade or two

1 if two memebers were having this conversation in public we would be warned

2 i followed this post from first post till 1.30 this morning ( i know im sad but am currently painting juniors bedroom and the paint wasnt dry)

3 poster came on as a member of the industry then proceeded to critisice it in public when the answer he wanted to hear wasnt given

4 do mods sometimes view the site annonymously as i usually keep the forum portal running in a seperate window and it looked like we had a free run last night ( were you all at the same mods tea dance)

5 because i like this site and dont want it closing down i posted a couple of explanations for any public reading the thread

6 i asked arfur mo to have a look this morning in case we had gone over the new happy smiley face of the forum rule

suppose i will be sent to bed with no supper now

I know you are not on 24/7 (thats the point) but there were other mods on that have read the thread and done nothing, in otherwords they see it as acceptable and there was not a need for editting.

Lenny

hi lenny,

if we follow that logic through for a moment, i think i see a problem brewing, as here, but i don't see any action from my moderating collegue's, who may have also posted in the same thread (so are about), according to you i can't do anything? :no: . thats the same as saying the 1st mod to action is the king (ooops!) and all the rest are useless, and beleive me they are not.

we all have different trigger level's for different situations, pain, laughter, perception, annoyance and even reading my post's

i don't presume i will always spot problems the earliest, but even if i'm last i'll still action to do what is required imo and no diss to my collegue's but perhaps thats what i 'bring to the table' is that ability or nerve to (well it sure ain't my knowledge of the regs some might say ;) .

regs

alan

Ok Alan

This topic is going fast in the wrong direction now rather than argue with you over it I shall give you the benifit of doubt.

I suppose each of you have a different view point of whats acceptable and whats not, and as you are all so new at moderating you need to be given time to feel your feet.

I do think that the rusty sheriffs badge avatar that Rich found you suits you better though, least while you touching your toes to find your feet it would :lol:

Lenny

hi Rich,

many thanks, i have heard roumours of the naty badge 'hack' but not found it yet - so can't moderate it

lol.

regs

alan

Archived