Security Installer Community

Part 'p'

mjw

I think you are muddled if you can't define competent, in your world the milkman is doing minor works forms.... :no:

Did I say I couldn't define competent, or that my ilkman does minor works certs?

I said that you seem to misunderstand what the term 'competent' means, and that a milkman could issue a minor works cert, as long as it wasn't for works under the scope of part p as long as he knows how to operate the relevant test eq1uipment and interpret the results before filling out the form.

Did I say I couldn't define competent, or that my ilkman does minor works certs?

I said that you seem to misunderstand what the term 'competent' means, and that a milkman could issue a minor works cert, as long as it wasn't for works under the scope of part p as long as he knows how to operate the relevant test eq1uipment and interpret the results before filling out the form.

There is no misunderstanding on my part, don't make such daft statements when talking about electricial safety.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

There is no misunderstanding on my part, don't make such daft statements when talking about electricial safety.

You've lost me.

Guest anguscanplay
I agree that those who appreciate that Part P does not make you a fully qualified sparks the content info published on that link (repeated below) suggests, certainly to me, that a 5 day course makes you safe/competent/qualified/authorised to work on a variety of installations. Read carefully, it only states 'competent' but as you don't need any formal quals for the course how the hell can you be competent in only 5 days?? The worrying part is that the site shows the NICEIC logo

More and more this government devalue formal qualifications and training. 17 yr old, straight out of school with a GCSE in slobbing about, 5 days on this course makes you more competent and authorized to wire up a kitchen than some one who has gone through a full Electricians training, parts A,B,C 16th edition, inspection etc.

Truly the inmates are now running the asylum.

http://www.tradeskills4u.co.uk/index.asp?PageID=81

:(

didnt see topic closed ( must read further ahead in future)

doesnt claim to make you more competant only that you know know the theory behind doing it which must be a good thing

tell me who on this site mots there own car

didnt see topic closed ( must read further ahead in future)

doesnt claim to make you more competant only that you know know the theory behind doing it which must be a good thing

tell me who on this site mots there own car

Who would/should we trust. Someone who has served their 'time' training and qualifying through formal/approved routes, or someone who's pitched up on a 5 day course and is now deemed competent/qualified/authorized/whatever??

This applies to anything, lectrics, cars, medical, security, etc

Andrew

Guest anguscanplay
Who would/should we trust. Someone who has served their 'time' training and qualifying through formal/approved routes, or someone who's pitched up on a 5 day course and is now deemed competent/qualified/authorized/whatever??

This applies to anything, lectrics, cars, medical, security, etc

Andrew

tell you what i have been doing this job for longer than i care to remember can i be an acredited installer for your firm

Guest anguscanplay
tell you what i have been doing this job for longer than i care to remember can i be an acredited installer for your firm

thought not perhaps you would like to see my qualifications and expect me to attend a training day

end result i tell everyone i have been installing access for the last twenty years

the kid on the course is still the same as me :whistle:

thought not perhaps you would like to see my qualifications and expect me to attend a training day

end result i tell everyone i have been installing access for the last twenty years

the kid on the course is still the same as me :whistle:

Not sure i follow this

Guest anguscanplay
Not sure i follow this

if i came on a installer training day for your equipment would i get a certificate

would i be any less a access control installer because i have only been certified a day

would someone who fitted the locks on the ark be anymore able than me

part p didnt go far enough imho it should have been like corgi/acops

Archived