Security Installer Community

Part 'p'

mjw

mjw

What disscusion should'nt we have in the public area??...What part 'P' is all about...well call me old fashioned but it is within the public intrest to know all about part 'P'.....so tell ME how does a member of the public get trade status??????????????

Incorrect.

why?????????????????????????????????

Guest anguscanplay

mjw

i was wondering why you were an engineer but not joined us on the trade forum

apparently we shouldnt be having these conversations on the public site

make the jump across and show us youre credentials

i think the idea is for mr public to come to the site with a specific question related to the operation use or selection of his security requirments and for him to recieve a knowledgable reply that deals with his querry whearas debates are to be frowned upon

suprised the mods havnt closed this down yet -no prolonged debates to answers to questions etc etc

just feel you are missing so much by staying public ( all the best jokes are posted in the trade side)

cannot understand why you feel you cant connect - minor certs etc c&g pt1,2 and 3 with that kind of service is enough to be classed as competant

fill in the forms to be verified if you want trade

so you arnt a qualified engineer then / i have a friend who throwws things at me if he hears the E word used by us mere istallation technitions

mjw

just feel you are missing so much by staying public ( all the best jokes are posted in the trade side)

cannot understand why you feel you cant connect - minor certs etc c&g pt1,2 and 3 with that kind of service is enough to be classed as competant

so you arnt a qualified engineer then / i have a friend who throwws things at me if he hears the E word used by us mere istallation technitions

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE i have a engineering qualification...do i not???????...so i am NOT a technican i am an engineer...you want to learn how to firstly dodge you mates throwing objects and secondly throw them back!!!!!

City and Guilds 185 is a course devised for the security industry

Guest anguscanplay
HOLD IT RIGHT THERE i have a engineering qualification...do i not???????...so i am NOT a technican i am an engineer...you want to learn how to firstly dodge you mates throwing objects and secondly throw them back!!!!!

City and Guilds 185 is a course devised for the security industry

engineer by definition has to be recognised by a profesionall trade assosiation ie royal colledge of cable staplers and you would have letters after your name

city & guilds ( and weve all got them plus ond`s plus hnd` plus same again in buisness managment) that aint

dont take it personall leaving it there myself as juniors ceiling needs its last coat of paint and the poor sod is waiting to go to bed

why?????????????????????????????????

I'm sure 1 question mark would have sufficed.

Anyone can issue a minor works cert, the milkman, a sparky, a passing tramp etc...

mjw, i think you misunderstood me. But i will stop now either way

i have c&g 1851 1, 2 and 3 and my 236 upto am2. Im unsure what 185 is?

185 is the earlier version of 1851...We as trainees were the first in england to sit the city and guilds course and in its infancy it was called 185....1851 is just an updated number(according to city and guilds) apparantley course sylabus is exactally the same...as for any misunderstanding prehaps i did??????

what is 236??????

185 is the earlier version of 1851...We as trainees were the first in england to sit the city and guilds course and in its infancy it was called 185....1851 is just an updated number(according to city and guilds) apparantley course sylabus is exactally the same...as for any misunderstanding prehaps i did??????

what is 236??????

Electrical C&G, probably the early one though as mine was 2360.

Anyone can issue a minor works cert, the milkman, a sparky, a passing tramp etc...

Anyone can sign their own death warrant, I can sign a blank MOT form, won't make it right or legal.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

I am sure it would have....if my keyboard was'nt playing up....but that is exactally why i asked about part p....but do you not have to be a compentent person to issue such certs?.....if so how do you become a competent person....would'nt exactally want ernie on his round delivering 2 pints of semi skimmed and issue minor works certs

Electrical C&G, probably the early one though as mine was 2360.

i see that where james is ahead of me...never did 236 or 2360

lol

mjw 236 is as lurch point out an electrical qual. Took me 4 yrs including my 'C' cert

and as im younger than lurch (not by much) his dig is unfounded!!! lol

I did my 236 when i was 19 so 11 yrs ago now

meow james....would you like your milk now or later

Archived