Security Installer Community

Part 'p'

mjw

Anyone can sign their own death warrant, I can sign a blank MOT form, won't make it right or legal.....

No, but you can issue a minor works cert and it will be legal as long as the works on the form doesn't come under part p..

I am sure it would have....if my keyboard was'nt playing up....but that is exactally why i asked about part p....

Because your keyboard is playing up?

but do you not have to be a compentent person to issue such certs?.....

Not if the works aren't within the scope of part p.

if so how do you become a competent person....would'nt exactally want ernie on his round delivering 2 pints of semi skimmed and issue minor works certs

Look on the NICEIC site, it gives you all the costs, options and qualifications\experience required to become a competent person.

Guest anguscanplay

i got a 236 as well now its all coming back to me soldering great big fat mains cables with a stick heated up first seem to remember building a set of traffic lights too

i am turning into my grandad

No, but you can issue a minor works cert and it will be legal as long as the works on the form doesn't come under part p..

To "certify" means you need to be competent in the first place, a "non-competent" would not know what was or was not part P unless you have very clued up tramps and milkman in your area......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

engineer by definition has to be recognised by a profesionall trade assosiation ie royal colledge of cable staplers and you would have letters after your name

city & guilds ( and weve all got them plus ond`s plus hnd` plus same again in buisness managment) that aint

dont take it personall leaving it there myself as juniors ceiling needs its last coat of paint and the poor sod is waiting to go to bed

Definition of ENGINEER a person QUALIFIED in a branch of engineering(oxford dictionary)...i am qualified in the branch of security engineering so therefore i am an engineer

Not taking anything personally good luck with the ceiling

to be honest with some of the remarks made 'knowing part p' seems to be the issue luggs

Easy, ask the milkman! :lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Amateur Radio Forum

i have always wondered how we get away with calling ourselves 'engineers' as you have structural engineers etc that have degrees and stff, im sure im not alone with not having a degree lol

i will luggs lol

TBH most alarm installers are "fitters" not engineers IMHO. No offence intended.

My Amateur Radio Forum

TBH most alarm installers are "fitters" not engineers IMHO. No offence intended.

Only degree i have is in life mate

oh and by the way none taken but as a service what ever i am(engineer e.t.c)...i don't fit anything...i replace

need to get to bed as i need to get up early to catch the milkman lol

Guest anguscanplay
i have always wondered how we get away with calling ourselves 'engineers' as you have structural engineers etc that have degrees and stff, im sure im not alone with not having a degree lol

i will luggs lol

need a degree to be an engineer :yes:

came back late didnt see above posts :blush:

Archived