Security Installer Community

Smart2 Dvr Screen Splitting

Steevo25

Unfortunately it makes no difference. I will let the dealer sort it out there is obviously something wrong with it. If its a Triplex system then it shouldn't really make any difference what I make the record settings. At a very minimum it should not lose the audio.

Goto, Record Setup: Record Configuration: Continous Record: Change to 1/4 and see if this corrects it..?

Yep, done that a number of times. Thats I how discovered that it works in DUPLEX mode but not TRIPLEX mode. It definitiely seems like it has a physical fault. The dealer has put one on test overnight and is getting back to me today with their results. If there is a fault in the 8 channel range then I guess I will return it and upgrade to the 16 channel version as that seems to work fine by the results you are getting.

Does your remote viewer software work fine as well? On mine the remote view is extremely slow during playback ( about 6 seconds to every second of footage ), but it works absolutely perfectly in live ( realtime ).

Have you tried defaulting the unit to factory settings.? Just incase the programming has a glitch somewhere.

Does your remote viewer software work fine as well? On mine the remote view is extremely slow during playback ( about 6 seconds to every second of footage ), but it works absolutely perfectly in live ( realtime ).

My remote viewing is just the same as my live viewing (1 second = 1 second), although viewing quality is dependant upon my connection speed.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Yep, done that a number of times. Thats I how discovered that it works in DUPLEX mode but not TRIPLEX mode. It definitiely seems like it has a physical fault. The dealer has put one on test overnight and is getting back to me today with their results. If there is a fault in the 8 channel range then I guess I will return it and upgrade to the 16 channel version as that seems to work fine by the results you are getting.

Hi Steve.

Can you tell me your Company name so we get any problems you have resolved.

I would have answered sooner but I have not logged on for quite a while and was not aware of this topic.

Step-1 Upgrade the DVR to the latest bios so that we can talk you through any settings that need to be adjusted to get the machine working as you wish.

(I have posted a technical tip for this, you will need to have set up a password to access our website as its strictly trade only. If you have not done this PM me your details and I will do it for you)

Step-2 Once the bios is installed try the DVR again and list any points you wish to raise so we can go through these with you. Can you PM the list at this stage so our engineers can check the points out.

Step-3 Tell me the best time for John Gower to call you (System Q support engineer) and he will talk you through any setting that need to be made.

I'm sure we can get this sorted out to your satisfaction.

The Smart2 has been very popular DVR as the recording quality is very good with recorded images almost identical to the live ones.

If you have any more questions PM me as I may miss questions in a topic such as this.

cheers .

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

Many thanks for your reply.

I am not a CCTV installer, I purchased the unit for home use.

I can be contacted on my mobile which I will PM you with. It seems that it is just my unit that is experiencing the problems as everyone else I have spoken to do not seem to ahve this problems. Once this problem is resolved I will be more than happy with the unit as all my gripes have come about because of these problems which no one else seems to have.

The system says that it is running SW Verison 2.00 and the Firmware date is 26 July 2006.

The problem only happens when it is in Triplex mode and is contant, not intermittent. The problem does not exist at all in Duplex mode but obviously everytime I playback it will not record in hat mode.

The quality of the recording on screen is excellent in both modes and seems to record in realtime in both modes. Once I switch to Triplex, the audio turns off in both live and playback mode and the 'Audio' button on the remote becomes in-active. Also, playing back on the monitor is like being in slow motion where it takes four seconds for the timeline to click over 1 second. The remote view program is also realtime in live view mode but extremely slow in playback even over my network which is a 1g/Bit LAN.

Once again, many thanks for your reply, it gives me great confidence in your customer service.

Hi Steve.

Can you tell me your Company name so we get any problems you have resolved.

I would have answered sooner but I have not logged on for quite a while and was not aware of this topic.

Step-1 Upgrade the DVR to the latest bios so that we can talk you through any settings that need to be adjusted to get the machine working as you wish.

(I have posted a technical tip for this, you will need to have set up a password to access our website as its strictly trade only. If you have not done this PM me your details and I will do it for you)

Step-2 Once the bios is installed try the DVR again and list any points you wish to raise so we can go through these with you. Can you PM the list at this stage so our engineers can check the points out.

Step-3 Tell me the best time for John Gower to call you (System Q support engineer) and he will talk you through any setting that need to be made.

I'm sure we can get this sorted out to your satisfaction.

The Smart2 has been very popular DVR as the recording quality is very good with recorded images almost identical to the live ones.

If you have any more questions PM me as I may miss questions in a topic such as this.

cheers.

Paul.

I have removed the PDF file from Paul's above post.

If anyone else downloaded it please delete it, and also the BIN files if you downloaded them to.

A New PDF with links to these BIN files will be uploaded as soon as updated.

A New PDF with links to these BIN files will be uploaded as soon as updated.

As promised earlier, here's the new re-written "tip" in PDF format.

TechnicalTip_0113.pdf

cheers Old Hand,

But all credit should go to Paul for getting the ISO's uploaded and a new PDF created before he went home..

BTW: The updated bios contains Firmware version 3.1

For those that are going to do this upgrade, you must know how to properly burn a cd .iso file.

Just copying the downloaded .iso file to a cd will not work.

Archived