Security Installer Community

Smart2 Dvr Screen Splitting

Steevo25

One of the camera's you linked to earlier only has a spec of 380TVL. Whilst the other has a spec of 600TVL.

It usually best to have camera's of simillar capabillity.

In all the video shots, there is an area highly brightened by the IR leds, this will overwhelm the camera as it has too large a contrast in lighting to try and cope with.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

MILLWALLFC,

Here is a screen shot of my cameras during the day and at night. The night ones are in almost complete darkness except for camera 4 which has the downstairs light turned on but it is no different in complete darkness. Two of my cameras are SK-P440 ( Sunkwang ) and were about

smart2.zip

I have contacted my supplier regarding the problems I am having on my Smart2 unit and they are checking it out. They are saying that it shouldn't behave like that and say that I might have a faulty one.

MILLWALLFC and Service Engineer,

When you playback your recordings through the Smart2 ( not using the Remote Viewer software ), does it playback in real time or does each second of footage take about 4 seconds to play?

:rolleyes: Yes people keep saying that its th eparents house so hopefully soon.

I have contacted my supplier regarding the problems I am having on my Smart2 unit and they are checking it out. They are saying that it shouldn't behave like that and say that I might have a faulty one.

MILLWALLFC and Service Engineer,

When you playback your recordings through the Smart2 ( not using the Remote Viewer software ), does it playback in real time or does each second of footage take about 4 seconds to play?

Hi i have tested my unit and when playing from the hardware the box plays back as it should in realtime. It does not skip anytime what so ever.

Thanks for that, now try changing the box to Triplex operation in the record settings and try again. I have been playing, and once I change it to Triplex, I lose all audio and the playback takes 4 seconds for every 1 second of footage.

If I leave it on Duplex which solves the problem, then everytime I connect remotely, the unit stops recording while I am searching. Also, if it is on Duplex, everytime you press q-play or any type of search on the main unit, the unit again stops recording.

Hi i have tested my unit and when playing from the hardware the box plays back as it should in realtime. It does not skip anytime what so ever.

No, playback is fine... The way mine is set up for each second of viewing I see about 9 seconds as I record only 1 frame in every 10 frames.

Goto, Record Setup: Record Configuration: Continous Record: and chack your settings.

BTW: Mine, has always been in TRIPLEX mode from day 1.

How strange. All my settings are correct. I am presently recording 50IPS for 6 cameras. In DUPLEX it works fine, but as soon as I change to TRIPLEX, the audio stops ( can't hear anything in live or recorded, and the audio button on the remote becomes inactive ), and when I playback, each second of footage takes 4 seconds to play and the footage is in slow motion. If I run at 4X speed then it plays realtime but audio still disappears.

I wonder if it is a fault with my unit or a fault with the entire 8 channel range.

The remote view program is even worse with playback.

No, playback is fine... The way mine is set up for each second of viewing I see about 9 seconds as I record only 1 frame in every 10 frames.

Goto, Record Setup: Record Configuration: Continous Record: and chack your settings.

BTW: Mine, has always been in TRIPLEX mode from day 1.

when I playback, each second of footage takes 4 seconds to play and the footage is in slow motion.

Goto, Record Setup: Record Configuration: Continous Record: Change to 1/4 and see if this corrects it..?

Archived