Security Installer Community

Smart2 Dvr Screen Splitting

Steevo25

Hi guys, I am an installer and installed one of these units a couple of months ago. I had exactly the same problem, really slow playback, checked all settings, restored facory defaults and formatted HDD and still no luck. Tried it on duplex mode and restored defaults and works fine? This was on the 4 channel version and was in the first few weeks of it being released. I have previously installed many dvrs which appear to have same board or software and had exactly the same problem on many occasion. I believe that there is a glitch with the software of the J2000 boards of this type. Have ordered another smart 2 today for a job, just hope that i don't have the same problem when i install tomorrow.

Regards

Paul

Does anyone have the instructions of how to customise the software so it has your own name. My DVR never came with these instructions although the literature says that it does.

I will let you all know if the firmware update fixes the problems. Paul has sent it to me in the post and it should arrive on Thursday. If anyone has the .bin file then feel free to send it to me so I can do it before then. I have no problems burning an ISO image. Its the 8 channel version. I don't have a login on the website so I cannot download it. I am quite eager now to see if this does the trick.

If you do have the latest .bin file then please PM me and I will send you my email address.

Hi what is the difference between Version 2.10 and 3.10. I have the 4 port version and have only just purchased and it comes with version 2.10 ?

Any ideas on the difference. Also can someone download the lastest version for me when i try to go to that page in the PDF i get prompted for a login.

Well mine is obviously old then. Mine is 2.00. There is a good chance that this update will fix it then. MILLWALL, perhaps that is why our remote viewer works so badly as well.

Hi what is the difference between Version 2.10 and 3.10. I have the 4 port version and have only just purchased and it comes with version 2.10 ?

Any ideas on the difference. Also can someone download the lastest version for me when i try to go to that page in the PDF i get prompted for a login.

This update does not address the problem of slower playback when viewing over the network in TRIPLEX mode.

But supposedly contains an improved compression algorithm for a slightly better image quality.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0" width="360" height="370"> <param name="wmode" <param name="movie" value="2007-01-30 20-55-39.swf"> <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"> <param name="quality" value="high"> <param name="menu" value="false"> <embed src="http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/Uploads/Video/test.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" width="360" height="370" bgcolor="#000000" quality="high" wmode="transparent" menu="false"></embed></object><br></br>

But supposedly contains an improved compression algorithm for a slightly better image quality.
<br></br>There probably is some improvement, but it may not be hardly noticable..? As can be seen above though, viewing this 10 second clip is taking 20+ seconds..? When viewing playback over the network, the same clip takes 30+ seconds to view.?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived