Security Installer Community

Smart2 Dvr Screen Splitting

Steevo25

Also, through the remote view software trying to set a date/time you want to start playback from is difficult with the silly calendar and timeline slider. You can never get the time you want and end up having to wait 30 seconds or so to let the playback get to the time that you actually want to be at.

I have to agree with you there its useless. And when you try to play back over the internet sometimes it takes about 10 seconds to watch 1 second. However Live view is ok.

The images I get at night are very good, but they were on my old DVR as well. But I did replace my cameras with some very good quality day/night ones with IR. Anyone in the night time images is clearly visable and recognisable. I havn't changed any image settings like brightness etc. The actual recorded footage I really do like the quality in day and night. Its about the only about the DVR that I do like so far.

My delayed playback also happens when doing it from the actual unit and watching it on the connected screen ( i.e. pressing Q-Play on the remote ). When I watch, it takes 4 seconds before the time/date increments by 1 second. This also happens in the remote view but even slower. I don't mind so much on the remote view as I put this down to the speed of the network. But you are right, live view on both is bang up-to-date.

I am wondering if there is a firmware update somewhere for these. I am going to ring system-q on Monday and find out.

I have my unti set to TRIPLEX, and it still stops recording as soon as you press the 'Menu' button even if you don't go any further. I tried it all on DUPLEX as well and none of these problems go away.

Also what are your images like at Night. Mine seem a bit worse then the my old DVR which was MPEG4 but in the daytime it seems fine. Im looking at trying to improve mine did you use the Camera setup to change the brightness and contrast ?

Do you ahve to have housing as dont want it to look to bulky. Its a house not forkknots.

You can lose the housing, but it will get cold and wet then stop working.

Archived