Security Installer Community

Alarm Panel That Will Monitor/alarm Doors.

Moses

Can someone please advise?

Which panel is most suitable?

I require an alarm panel, for a building with a set of flats, which can monitor the fire exit doors(5) on the ground floor( i.e. the panel sounds a chime to alert the caretaker ), that a door has been opened when any of the monitored doors is opened and must not go in to an Alarm condition.

Ideally the chime has to be repeated at short intervals until the caretaker checks the door and resets the Alarm Panel.

Secondly when the building is not occupied the same doors being opened(except for the approach route), must make the Panel to go full alarm condition.

Any suggestions wellcome.

I require an alarm panel, for a building with a set of flats, which can monitor the fire exit doors(5) on the ground floor( i.e. the panel sounds a chime to alert the caretaker ), that a door has been opened when any of the monitored doors is opened and must not go in to an Alarm condition.

Secondly when the building is not occupied the same doors being opened(except for the approach route), must make the Panel to go full alarm condition.

Any panel having a chime facility, and that will be most e.g. the Menvier/Scantronic/Texecom, can do that.

However I am not too sure that this is possible on normal panels:

Ideally the chime has to be repeated at short intervals until the caretaker checks the door and resets the Alarm Panel.

I'd like to know how a Menvier/Scantronic/Texecom, can do that. >> the chime has to be repeated at short intervals <, oh, I know, get the person who opened the door to close it again, and open it, and close it, and open it etc etc

Have a look at this, it's made just for this job, not sure though if it repeats or not, but I do know it latches and sounds continuously until reset, each door wired back on its own with indication, have a look - then wire to any panel of your choice

http://www.hoyles.com/images/PDFs/multi00.pdf

magpye

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

I'd like to know how a Menvier/Scantronic/Texecom, can do that. >> the chime has to be repeated at short intervals <, oh, I know, get the person who opened the door to close it again, and open it, and close it, and open it etc etc

Re-read my post! :whistle:

hi Moses,

you can use alarm panels, but might find that a door come's open and a 'chime' sounds, but unless the porter is near the keypad the indication disapears to soon (so you will not be aware if the door is still open).

Safe Link in Southgate London N14 do a door monitoring specific system designed for porters, which shows the state of any door all the time via an LED panel, so depends on the final spec you actually need but you could also double up an intruder panel for when the porter is off duty.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I'd like to know how a Menvier/Scantronic/Texecom, can do that. >> the chime has to be repeated at short intervals <,

That's what programmable outputs are for. ;)

Part set for caretaker on site, pulsed output to a sounder. Full set for when the caretaker is off site and full bells. Premier 24 should do it.

You can get specific door monitoring panels...hoyles was a very old make...they will bleep untill door is shut or mute button is pushed :rolleyes:

Don't know about Texecom but I know Menvier, and I assume Scantronic, have only provided pulsed outputs on the new range of panels - older panels are unlikely to have this facility.

Archived