Security Installer Community

Alarm Panel That Will Monitor/alarm Doors.

Moses

post-10548-1166988522_thumb.jpg

I HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM NOT TO LONG AGO I GOT ROUND IT BY DOING THE FOLOWING

THE BUZZER WOULD GO CONSTANTLY THOUGH WHILE THE DOOR IS OPEN BUT I DON'T SEE THIS AS A PROBLEM AS I WILL GET ON SOMEONES NERVES ENOUGH AFTER A WHILE THAT THEY WOULD CLOSE THE DOOR. THE DOOR IS ALSO SET ON A ZONE SO WHEN THE PORTA IS NOT ON SITE AND THE ALERM IS SET THE ALARM WOULD GO INTO FULL ALARM. THE ONE BIG POINT TO MAKE IS THAT I DO NOT THINK THIS WOULD MEET WITH NACOSS REG'S UNLESS THE BOX ( WHICH WOULD NEED TO BE TAMPERPROOF MAYBE EVEN USE A SEPERATE PSU) IN WHICH THE RELAY IS HOUSED IS ADJACENT TO THE DOOR WHICH IS BEING PROTECT GARDING THE CABLE ROUTE AGAINST ANY TAMPERS ETC

THE DIAGRAM IS BASED ON USEING ANY ALARM PANEL THAT USE'S FSL TECHNOLOGY IE SCANTRONIC 9X5X

NSI GOLD

BASED IN KENT

INTRUDER,ACCESS CONTROL,CCTV,FIRE

Guest Alarm Guard

Dave

Try not to use all upper case ... it makes it look like you are SHOUTING

What you showed above can be acheived with Premier panel without a relay by programming an output to mimic a zone, but I think he wants to acheive something that isn't as intrusive as a constant sounder.

Moses, I wonder if you have considered a variation of the above suggestion, but use the chime facility to announce that a door has opened and have a strobe light on an output to show that the door is still insecure without a continuing noise issue.

Dave

Try not to use all upper case ... it makes it look like you are SHOUTING

What you showed above can be acheived with Premier panel without a relay by programming an output to mimic a zone, but I think he wants to achieve something that isn't as intrusive as a constant sounder.

Moses, I wonder if you have considered a variation of the above suggestion, but use the chime facility to announce that a door has opened and have a strobe light on an output to show that the door is still insecure without a continuing noise issue.

A very civilised Forum.

A very helpful and experienced set of super moderators

I have a background in commercial security with Chubb Alarms. I have supervised the installation and commissioning of Access control/Vault security CCTV systems in multistory bank buildings in the 80's.

I know a little bit about security hardware, but am new to the latest alarm panels.

I am grateful for the guidance provided by all.

Further posts are welcome.

Happy Christmas to all.

If you just want the doors covering i would say the best way is buy a galaxy 18 / 60 off ebay this will easy do the trick with the links etc and wont cost the earth as now not graded.

Good luck

If you just want the doors covering i would say the best way is buy a galaxy 18 / 60 off ebay this will easy do the trick with the links etc and wont cost the earth as now not graded.

Good luck

Galaxy 60 would be better as you have more links, but it wont work as you request but pretty close. SO will the premier mind

but we wont be able to give much programming help in the forum

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Galaxy 60 would be better as you have more links, but it wont work as you request but pretty close. SO will the premier mind

but we wont be able to give much programming help in the forum

so to put it another way - what was wrong with my solution?

i come up with simple an brilliant solution, do i get the recognition? do i get my name plastered i lights, do i get holy adulation? it's like being married ie no recognition for the attempt to give pleasure made :rolleyes:

recently some one posted about the CS not getting 'set' conditions, so i posted thats simple use 'return path signalling', did i get any credit, did i get any mention, did i get any merit, did i get even any acknowledgement for a very simple solution - NO!

so am i getting bitter, so am i getting scepticle, so am i getting barmy - no, i'm already there :cold2:

seriously have a good 'en' everyone (while i'll await my much overdue credit and drum roll due to me).

:P

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

so to put it another way - what was wrong with my solution?

'Turn chime on'? To my mind that would not fulfil the OP's requirements, hence the lack of praise.

'Turn chime on'? To my mind that would not fulfil the OP's requirements, hence the lack of praise.

hi Lurch,

but then not what i said was it, i said some panels do not show which zone had 'chimed' for more than a few seconds (Gardetc appx 5 seconds for instamce), so unless the porter was 'on station' they would miss it, and also they did not know if a door remained open or subsequently was closed, and thats why i suggested the besy solution was an indicator panel (by Safe Link)backed up by an intruder alarm for when the porters are off duty.

and i'm still waiting for praise to be heaped upon me about the 'return pathe signalling' solution, which was by far the most cost effective and simple suggetion offered - if i say so myself :green: - wanna help me out in this festive period as i'm feeling neglected and un-loved?

hope your having a good 'en (sucky suck kiss kiss :wub: )

:)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi Lurch,

but then not what i said was it, i said some panels do not show which zone had 'chimed' for more than a few seconds (Gardetc appx 5 seconds for instamce), so unless the porter was 'on station' they would miss it, and also they did not know if a door remained open or subsequently was closed, and thats why i suggested the besy solution was an indicator panel (by Safe Link)backed up by an intruder alarm for when the porters are off duty.

and i'm still waiting for praise to be heaped upon me about the 'return pathe signalling' solution, which was by far the most cost effective and simple suggetion offered - if i say so myself :green: - wanna help me out in this festive period as i'm feeling neglected and un-loved?

:)

regs

alan

Take the sodding drums and roll yaself :P

What a bad idea to by 11 yr old drum kit, still hes back at ex`s tomorrow muwhhahahah even wrapped up a set of ear plugs for her

cheers

Good what, what's happening? Apparantly it was Christmas but that's all over now and it's back to work.

Take the sodding drums and roll yaself :P

Works for me, I have a shrine to myself here that I bow in front of when I write a good post. :)

Archived