Security Installer Community

Alarm Panel That Will Monitor/alarm Doors.

Moses

I have a shrine to myself here that I bow in front of when I write a good post. :)

Thought that was a shrine to me ? :ninja:

I'll join you in feeling unloved Alan :roflmao:

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Take the sodding drums and roll yaself :P

What a bad idea to by 11 yr old drum kit, still hes back at ex`s tomorrow muwhhahahah even wrapped up a set of ear plugs for her

cheers

i'd have bought an amplfier :whistle:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Why not put a buzzer at each exit and the buzzer will stop when the code is put in and tell you which zone/door has been opened.

Had 5 zones and 5 buzzers on a 24hr zone(gardtec CP8) and worked a treat) at an old folks home.

Hi SE,

thinking back to job i got involved in some years back and always makes me smile, a large complex of flats had a 'home brew' system which involved a push button on each landing, and on 7 staircases. if a resident needed a porter they stepped outside the door and pressed a button on the landing. this set off a cal bell at all the stairs ground floors.

the porter on hearing the bells go's to nearest stair case and silence's the bell's, by looked the 2 indicator panels (fitted at ground level on all staircases would show which staircase, walk to that staircase and from the floor indicator know which level to go to. often this would happen early hours, porter not allowed to use lifts for obvious safety reasons and if already on a 'call' could take 10 - 30 minutes to silenc the bells - madness.

i got involved when they refurbished all the lifts, ripping out all the button cables which were run in the shafts, took a couple of days to suss it all out as it used about 50 old style open contact relays neatly housed in a hand made polished wood cabinet. no diagrams and the original guy had retired. several companies tool a look and said thanks but no thanks, the electrical firm i do a lot of the low voltage work for pleaded, and i like a challenge it was not rocket science, just a real killer to trace out.

all changed now to pagers and intercomms, i also got the CCTv and alarms so sometimes it's worth taking on the weirder instals, though at the time when your stood in front of it scratching your head you wonder why on earth you said '"yeh ok, i'll take a look' :rolleyes: .

regs

alan

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone please advise?

Which panel is most suitable?

I require an alarm panel, for a building with a set of flats, which can monitor the fire exit doors(5) on the ground floor( i.e. the panel sounds a chime to alert the caretaker ), that a door has been opened when any of the monitored doors is opened and must not go in to an Alarm condition.

Ideally the chime has to be repeated at short intervals until the caretaker checks the door and resets the Alarm Panel.

Secondly when the building is not occupied the same doors being opened(except for the approach route), must make the Panel to go full alarm condition.

Any suggestions wellcome.

Hi Moses, I carefully read your question, most intruder panels (All?) have what is called a 24 hour alarm, this can be programed to set off the internal sounder only to a volume level to suit. (On a menvier I would put a keypad in a ward and run a ward sounder off of it with all five doors in the ward, this sounder could be any 12 volt sort with a nice noise) When the system is armed these same doors would activate as normal night circuits generating a full alarm condition. Easy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Hi Moses, I carefully read your question, most intruder panels (All?) have what is called a 24 hour alarm, this can be programed to set off the internal sounder only to a volume level to suit. (On a menvier I would put a keypad in a ward and run a ward sounder off of it with all five doors in the ward, this sounder could be any 12 volt sort with a nice noise) When the system is armed these same doors would activate as normal night circuits generating a full alarm condition. Easy!

depends how the doors are used, if 'legal' entry exits during the day by tennants like into the car park, making them 24 hour would be real annoying.

regs

alan

depends how the doors are used, if 'legal' entry exits during the day by tennants like into the car park, making them 24 hour would be real annoying.

regs

alan

Yes but he did ask for the caretaker to be informed of the opening of any of the five doors, if they were in constant use I suspect he would not have asked for this? :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Yes but he did ask for the caretaker to be informed of the opening of any of the five doors, if they were in constant use I suspect he would not have asked for this? :rolleyes:

done with 'chime' and if needed, and/or remote speaker or keypad, some panels even 'blipp' the number of the zone - optimea used to (i think) B)

i'm not out to cause any bruises :cold2:

regs

alan

Archived