Security Installer Community

Tracing Phone Calls.

Hi

My Father in law is getting phone call's asking for a large sum of money, or to face harm to his family. It is getting really serious, we have conacted the police, they say they cant trace the number.

We want to trace the call, regardless of the cost,

Is it possible?

is it something you can help with?

regards

Obviously I don't know much about Tracing Phone calls, but I know we have a fair ammount of BT engineers visit this board. Any suggestions..?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Contact the Police again and insist on some form of action, BT/phone provider can also assist in tracing, usually with the input of a number after a call and it logs at the providers side, but the provider won't do it without the Police input.

Click

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

BT can trace them but the police have to contact them, then wehn a call is made you press 5 and that logs the call.

Now if they are daft enough to be phoning from their home, i have a copy of UK info somewhere that you can do a phone number search, and then play them at their own game.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

from what i understand Dave, all calls using landlines are logged for the purpose of billing the customer, the only people who can gain access to this information are the provider (eg BT) the customer,( their bill being itemised) and the police have powers under law to request information, if the person using the phone is breaking the law in some way( in your case i think that counts very much) in order to gather enought evidence, may i suggest your father in law tapes the phone conversation, itself having complications, because legally you have to inform the person on the other end that you are recording the conversation.(my understanding)

then you have the good old mobile phone, can be traced providing the user has registered the card with the provider and is not using pay as you go with a sim bought from woolworths.( unless these people are totally stupid i would guess this is what you will find).

the other way around it is to inform the people that 'threats to life' are being made, and they will have to act

hope this helps a little

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Guest Alarm Guard

There are lot's of things that can be done to avoid getting the calls any more.

EG..

You can make your phone reject all hidden number calls, and have caller identity at your telephone.

Some providers can initialise a system whereby all calls, except certain selected numbers, are rejected but the caller reveives a message that the intended recipient will be sent a message thet this caller rang.

You can divert all calls to a message receiving centre.. who will take a message and relay it.

This guy needs to use technology to his benefit.

There are lot's of things that can be done to avoid getting the calls any more.

EG..

You can make your phone reject all hidden number calls, and have caller identity at your telephone.

Some providers can initialise a system whereby all calls, except certain selected numbers, are rejected but the caller reveives a message that the intended recipient will be sent a message thet this caller rang.

You can divert all calls to a message receiving centre.. who will take a message and relay it.

This guy needs to use technology to his benefit.

You are right...B.T sell a service called right to refuse you block all calls without a I.D and you can also block numbers you know...It doesnt cost that much either

Hi

My Father in law is getting phone call's asking for a large sum of money, or to face harm to his family. It is getting really serious, we have conacted the police, they say they cant trace the number.

We want to trace the call, regardless of the cost,

Is it possible?

is it something you can help with?

regards

Obviously I don't know much about Tracing Phone calls, but I know we have a fair ammount of BT engineers visit this board. Any suggestions..?

hi dave,

this looks very nasty, you can have your phone set up so you do not accept 'withheld' numbers, then to contact him they would have to use CLI enabled line. unfortunately they could use a PAYG mobile or a phone box.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

if i am correct even if the phone being used is a mobile with a payg sim thats un registered the police can still pinpoint the number and emei of the phone ?? so still hopefully getting someone ??

Crime reference number required before telco provider will call log. Also there are plenty of devices that will record the 2 way convirsation at a very cheap price. Record and take to the local cop shop. If he feels that his life and others are in danger demand police assitance.

Archived