Security Installer Community

Public Panels

Public Panels  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Should we relax our views on the information we give out on publically purchasable alarm control panels.

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care either way.

Guest Alarm Guard

Definition

brevity Show phonetics

noun

using only a few words or lasting only a short time:

His essays are models of clarity and brevity.

Brevity is, in almost everything, a virtue.

(from Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary

:whistle:

Guest Alarm Guard

Nope. It is the dictionary definition of brevity. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't have the time or the patience to read these long posts.

No suprise there then Alan :P

Now that a lot of what we once considered TRADE only panels are being sold by the likes of Screwfix and numerous online retailers, should we be re-thinking what information/advice we are willing to discuss in these public forums.?

Should the fact these panels are easilly purchasable by the public, and that most of these panels manuals are readilly available online at quite a few sites mean that any related queries should be up for discussion..?

for the sake of brevity

thats the orignal leeched from daves #1

my opinion, no bar to just DIY manuals is intended

what we once considered TRADE only panels are being sold by the likes of Screwfix ie they are still available to trade.

so all manuals are 'fair game' in the context of the op.

i also don't like the idea of users having engineer manuals willy nilly, but i think they have right to them if they ask but use at their own risk - get it signed for.

alarmgard keeps saying i avoiding the issue but has not stated why he feels we should not give them out - i just want to know why or how it would lower a ytems integraty, or is he like others being a protectionist - fine just want to know.

in this thread alarmgard keeps sniping over what standards i use, yet i do not question his, strange as he has never seen my work so dismiss him as an ignorant ill informed creten.

should i say what my standards are, well i have very high ones, so like it or lump it thats all i'm saying on it and i do not care a dead turkeys left tit for any more unwarrented silly sniping

so alarmgard your turn to answer the question

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Nope. It is the dictionary definition of brevity. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't have the time or the patience to read these long posts.

Ill be honest with you mate its a new word on me but now i know.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived