Security Installer Community

Just Back From Ifsec

it somehow sounds like there was "nothing" to see (except birdies) but didn't anyone really notice any products i should be aware of??

edit: just some typos..

Got back last night.. with a stiff neck, arms two inches longer and legs two inches shorter :(

First timer, I guess I made the mistake of getting a brochure from every stand in the first hour then realised that it all weighed a tonne and had to hump it around for the rest of the day!

But it was an eyeopener and did you see that CCTV tester from Wonwoo it looks ace but I bet it costs...

Got a gorilla from Honeywell, loads of pens etc and a risco toolbelt.

Best stand was Videcon, for great knowledge and products.

:)

One day is just enough, to stay down there and go for a second day :no:

:P

day 2 would be reserved by me for the SSAIB rep :rolleyes:

i'm into project designing/ problem solving for some very weird clients, as a sample 5 years ago i installled a system with 4 tier protection in each room, contacts, glass break and vibration detaction on all windows and a dual-tec. TS 2500 4 keypads. then i'm told the client did not want to carry a fob or press a button to set the system.

how did i solve it? i converted a keyring finder to allow him to 'clap' his hands twice as he leaves, on rentry he hs a 'clap' code and obscures a photo diode sensor at the same time.

why all this?

the guy has a cleanliness obsession (like howard hughe's) so he love's it and his favourite show off toy for months (against my advice). today i would possibly use fingerpring recognition, but was not available at the time and still a tactile requirement.

insurrance policy on contents 14 million, so yes i did get it signed for :yes: and accepted by the insurance.

the stands with the more obscure or wierd products are of great interest, and a great source for new idea's and income when used in some of my projects.

some claim to be 'all rounders' so lets see some of the wonderful mode you had to come up with for clients.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

:P

day 2 would be reserved by me for the SSAIB rep :rolleyes:

i'm into project designing/ problem solving for some very weird clients, as a sample 5 years ago i installled a system with 4 tier protection in each room, contacts, glass break and vibration detaction on all windows and a dual-tec. TS 2500 4 keypads. then i'm told the client did not want to carry a fob or press a button to set the system.

how did i solve it? i converted a keyring finder to allow him to 'clap' his hands twice as he leaves, on rentry he hs a 'clap' code and obscures a photo diode sensor at the same time.

why all this?

the guy has a cleanliness obsession (like howard hughe's) so he love's it and his favourite show off toy for months (against my advice). today i would possibly use fingerpring recognition, but was not available at the time and still a tactile requirement.

insurrance policy on contents 14 million, so yes i did get it signed for :yes: and accepted by the insurance.

the stands with the more obscure or wierd products are of great interest, and a great source for new idea's and income when used in some of my projects.

some claim to be 'all rounders' so lets see some of the wonderful mode you had to come up with for clients.

regs

alan

I once put a pinhole camera in the MDs penthouse lift to catch a disgruntled cleaning operative who liked to have a **** in it.... B)

Got back last night.. with a stiff neck, arms two inches longer and legs two inches shorter :(

First timer, I guess I made the mistake of getting a brochure from every stand in the first hour then realised that it all weighed a tonne and had to hump it around for the rest of the day!

But it was an eyeopener and did you see that CCTV tester from Wonwoo it looks ace but I bet it costs...

Got a gorilla from Honeywell, loads of pens etc and a risco toolbelt.

Best stand was Videcon, for great knowledge and products.

:)

Convideo you mean!

Bloody **** DVR's avoid them at all costs!!

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

i converted a keyring finder to allow him to 'clap' his hands twice as he leaves, on rentry he hs a 'clap' code and obscures a photo diode sensor at the same time.

Porky

Pies?

I really don't want to get involved in a 5 page farce in Alanland but I also find your 'story' extremely difficult to believe. The theory is flawed for a kick off. If he has OCD or germophobia he would be very unhappy with fingerprint recognition if it had been available. Also, how does he get in his house....keys? He would be the only person to handle his keys and the addition of a fob wouldn't be a huge issue as all he would have to touch would be the fob (just like his keys) as the reader is proximity.

Now then, assuming I was wrong in all the above, I flatly refuse to believe that any insurer in any part of the world would accept a risk of

If you don't know......ask.

Archived