Security Installer Community

Just Back From Ifsec

[coughs loudly]

Remember I'm from South Shields close to newcastle so I'm a proper northerner :)

won

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest Peter James
Probably, I may have had a hat on too which could have been confused for hair?

Bloody foreigners are always confusing hats for hair :P

Guest rjbsec

Just got back from our day there and glad to put my feet up - grateful to have someone else do the driving this time!

It was largely what I expected, a still shrinking installer village, (with some stands inexplicably shunted into other areas outside of the village), and the same comments almost everywhere, "We're expecting it to be released in a month or so".

The CCTV village has almost taken over everything and whilst that might be great for those fully into CCTV, (as long as you don't mind importing rather than obtaining from a local supplier), but for those mainly into intruder not so good. Many intruder stands were simply large picture areas with no products in sight - very disappointing.

Most of the "stand-staff" were as I remember them, largely bored and uninterested in coming forward to assist potential customers - main exception were Cooper Security, Gardtec and GJD who did everything they could to stimulate interest in their products - all credit to them.

Freebies? the usual array of bits and pieces of little or no value.

Not so freebies? the usual grossly overpriced food and drink in totally unsuitable surroundings.

Will I go next year? Not unless my memory fails me I suspect.

Guest RICHL
..... and the same comments almost everywhere, "We're expecting it to be released in a month or so".

Many intruder stands were simply large picture areas with no products in sight - very disappointing.

Most of the "stand-staff" were as I remember them, largely bored and uninterested in coming forward to assist potential customers - main exception were Cooper Security, Gardtec and GJD who did everything they could to stimulate interest in their products - all credit to them.

Very true. Apart from the obvious role of promoting their gear, some of the more established exhibitors seem to use IFSEC to try out a few ideas/concepts and see what response they get - which I think is why they seem to be vague about release dates - so I took the opportunity to let (Gardtec in my case) know what I would like them to be making.

Elmdene were a waste of time. I was interested in the graded stuff so made the effect to find their stand. For a manufacturer of contacts etc to not even have a sample to give, very poor.

Elmdene were a waste of time. I was interested in the graded stuff so made the effect to find their stand. For a manufacturer of contacts etc to not even have a sample to give, very poor.

I thought that, just had the product guides, CQR was also a bit poor, had a look but there was only one guy on the stand and he was busy.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Archived