• 1 month later...
So that's the end of your easy life.

The schedule for the future will be:

8am to 5pm: Working

6pm to 8pm: Office work & quotes

Saturday: Catching up on all the things you didn't finish during the week

Sunday: Doing all the things you didn't finish on Saturday

Bloody hell. It's Monday again

and if you find a way of avoiding that schedule, I would love to hear about it.

Good luck mate.

Well 6 weeks in and the above is very true. we have been so busy installing i am taking 2 days off at home to sort out all the paper work.

I am realy starting to get into it now as at 1st i did not sink in that i had finished with //.National Installer.// and i was my own boss.

We still have loads of work on and hope the future stays the same.

We are still installing 7 days.

Edited by whistle

• 2 weeks later...

Im Glad your busy its just what you want when you first start out, I hope we are the same and if you want any jobs doing give us a shout, We are here to offer our services. :yes:

cheers

lee

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

Well chaps after 17 years in the trade and 1 year thinking about it i finaly left //.National Installer.// today for the last time to start my own company.

We have sorted almost everything out and have about 2 weeks work booked in.

I will keep you all posted on how we go on.

SINCERE best wishes and best of luck for the future :yes:

I was talking to one of our x buddies last week and he didn't know you had left LOL

Take it easy, plan your week in a balanced way but always expect the unexpected. Great tip is plan to sell your new business some time in the future to a big company for a sum of money that you can retire on.

Don't forget to get the Hondas serviced ;)

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

Great tip is plan to sell your new business some time in the future to a big company for a sum of money that you can retire on.
Then set up again in a slightly different guise and poach all the customers back. :ninja:

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Then set up again in a slightly different guise and poach all the customers back. :ninja:

No No NO Too much like hard work. What you do is write a book giving step by step instructions on how you did it and set up a click bank affiliate program so others can sell it for you and you just do whatever you want in your retirement :ninja:

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

I was talking to one of our x buddies last week and he didn't know you had left LOL

Take it easy, plan your week in a balanced way but always expect the unexpected. Great tip is plan to sell your new business some time in the future to a big company for a sum of money that you can retire on.

Don't forget to get the Hondas serviced ;)

Who was it ?

Who was it ?

Someome who obveously hasn't missed you LOL

I'll pm you

Edited by Vince8282

your new business some time in the future to a big company for a sum of money that you can retire on.

:rolleyes: in the real world companies buy contracts not just the firm, you will have a claw back on the contracts not converted, you will also be unable to trade as an alarm co's for x years

:rolleyes: ok the last nacoss firm local to me who sold up, got not a lot for the 20+ years they had been trading, has now set up again as an unapproved firm, given the fact they had 3 -3.5 thousand systems on the books as nsi gold & where not making much money i don't know why they having another try??

.... then move to Cornwall, spend all the dosh and start up again.. :whistle:

Because running an unapproved company is so much more stress free, and more profitable! :yes:

locally & firms which i've come across through this forum i don't think many are making much money...........

if i was setting up a firm it would not be in security, i pick something people want to spend money on

• 3 months later...

Well chaps its now 6 months since We set up on our own.

We have had 3 days in that time with no work. Things are going realy well and we have just taken on our 1st full time engineer, 3 of us now. But i agree with the rest of you i am now working about 100 hours a week inc paper work book keeping etc.

We should be SSAIB aproved within the next few weeks.

I feel i could never go back to cards in now.

cheers: Andy

Well chaps its now 6 months since We set up on our own.

We have had 3 days in that time with no work. Things are going realy well and we have just taken on our 1st full time engineer, 3 of us now. But i agree with the rest of you i am now working about 100 hours a week inc paper work book keeping etc.

cheers: Andy

Well done Andy just out of intrested what sort of advertising did you do and how much work was sub contract??

Ive just registered as self employed today and things all kick off on tuesday with my first few weeks of subby work booked in.

cheers,

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

LOL

I am more stressed than ever with over £70k out standing at any one point.. We have more work on than ever, 7 members of staff and looking at a new engineer in the new year.

Trust me dont think its an easy ride cos its not... Thinking back 9 - 5 at Hex was a dream.. but did not get the ££ i needed.

I have had shinges this last few weeks due to stress.

So dont think its an easy ride, its NOT.....

But on the plus side we are picking up loads of installs and most important loads of 3 year contracts :)

Edited by whistle