Security Installer Community

Starting Up

Don't expect your stress level to go down will ya

lol, ain't that the truth, more staff = more problems. Only way to go though if you want to earn decent £££ over a sustained period IMO.

One thing i will say about this game, i don't have any friends my age that earn the same as i do, so although its hard i don't see a time i will ever go back to cards in, i wouldn't know what to do with myself.

PS: To anyone reading this and thinking about making the jump, in this current climate i would say some of the newer firms on here are the exception to the rule, alot more go to the wall, infact atleast one who osted in this thread has gone tits up twice in as many years. So think about it!!

Edited by alterEGO

Don't expect your stress level to go down will ya

just a bit more time for meself, just to have a little extra time to organise meself and i would be happy.

Ive not enough hours in the day, thats the cause of me stress.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

not having a pop,

Trust me dont think its an easy ride cos its not... Thinking back 9 - 5 at Hex was a dream.. but did not get the ££ i needed.

I have had shinges this last few weeks due to stress.

So dont think its an easy ride, its NOT.....

lets say your earning more than double now your own co. are your working more than double the hrs ?

Mr? Veritas God

just a bit more time for meself, just to have a little extra time to organise meself and i would be happy.

Ive not enough hours in the day, thats the cause of me stress.

If thats the case you would be better with part time admin and maybe a trainee/apprentice IMO, would cost you same as one fully qualified engineer. You need to look at what YOU would rather be doing, paperwork or installs?

If thats the case you would be better with part time admin and maybe a trainee/apprentice IMO, would cost you same as one fully qualified engineer. You need to look at what YOU would rather be doing, paperwork or installs?

good suggestion to be fair.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I sometimes wonder why I did it but it hasnt stopped me starting negotiations to buy my second company doubling my size overnight doesnt seem daunting nor does the debt that comes with it. Its definitely stressful at the top but I have to feed this urge, and thats what motivates me to get out of bed in the morning

• 11 months later...

Well i thaught i would report back after almost 6 years....

We now have 8 members of staff offices 5 vans/cars on the road and more work than we can cope with and i am stressed out.

But on the whole things have gone very well for us but my god it has been a 24/7 job to get here and cost me a few health problems due to being over worked :)

The problem now is keeping on top of all the audits and paper work etc, and we are owed a fortune :(

Thats ths way it is LOL..

If you are thinking of leaving a full time job to start up on your own and intend to make it work get ready for a lot of very hard work and if like me its going to be 12/15 hour days for years... :)(

Edited by whistle

I don't think theres anyone at the top of any business who hasn't done 12 hour days for years. People tend to forget the bosses doing 4 hours a week have usually earned it from years of doing 3 didgit working hour weeks.

Spot on I spent 8 years earning less than half I was earning when I left my job to do it and I was paying my engineers twice what i was earning. I still do 9 or 10 hours a day but the moneys much better this year