Security Installer Community

Starting Up

Well chaps after 17 years in the trade and 1 year thinking about it i finaly left //.National Installer.// today for the last time to start my own company.

We have sorted almost everything out and have about 2 weeks work booked in.

I will keep you all posted on how we go on.

Well chaps after 17 years in the trade and 1 year thinking about it i finaly left //.National Installer.// today for the last time to start my own company.

Well done,I hope it goes well for you.

Bloody good luck to you.

I sincerely hope it all works out for you.

.........What's the worst that can happen... wife leaves you, lose the house, children never talk to you again, the dog chews up your shoes and you see out your days in a shelter drinking luke warm soup and we all have a wip round to pay for a new commode ..... :P

Best wishes....!

So that's the end of your easy life.

The schedule for the future will be:

8am to 5pm: Working

6pm to 8pm: Office work & quotes

Saturday: Catching up on all the things you didn't finish during the week

Sunday: Doing all the things you didn't finish on Saturday

Bloody hell. It's Monday again

and if you find a way of avoiding that schedule, I would love to hear about it.

Good luck mate.

Now that sure sounds familiar

:yes::yes:

All the best mate, I did the same thing just over 4 years ago and have never looked back :no:

If all dosen't work out for you then I am sure you could go back to //.National Installer.//. Well that's the way I looked at it anyway.

:groupwave:

The novelty will carry you through it for a year, but if theres 2 of you at least one can cover the other.

One of the hardest things apart from getting the work and earning the money is shutting off from it.

Lots of sleepless nights ahead :P

Good luck, I know you have a lot of customers already, so I doubt you will find it too much bother.

I believe theres an opening at //.National Installer.// local to you :P
An "opening" it a bloody sieve. If its not engineers their loosing its contracts.

Remember i said my lad was looking for a job in security. Well apparently he said he was amazed at how the big companies keep their engineers in compartments. Domestic or commercials alarms. Large or small CCTV and then fire.

Jef

Customers!

There could be an opening at Secom up this way, engineer was close to be being chucked off site today. Not entirely his fault but he didnt know when to STFU! and from what i can gather at his office, no one there, no one replying to messages left etc!

Its cost Secom the next large High Street Clothing shop about to start at Doncaster so i heard today and theres a lot more new stores on the way so theyre gonna lose a lot more!

Big companies, you gotta love em.

Best of luck. You couldn't have gone about it in a better way so hopefully things will be relatively

smooth for you.

Are you joining an inspectorate?

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Thanks lads, i have been told i can go back to //.National Installer.// any time i want.

As long as you bring back all the customers you nabbed!

Good luck. :groupwave:

Service Engineer

My opinions may not reflect those of my employer, managers, colleagues, customers, friends, family or pet rabbit.

Congratulations mate.

I knew you would see sense, but if you even think of going back give me a ring and I'll give you some free counselling :P

Don't forget you should treat the Hcndas differently that the hexes :whistle:

All the best

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

Well today is the 3rd day tradng and we are on site 1st fixing 10 camera system waiting for the kit to arive and a box turns up with 1/2 of the kit so i phone to find out where the rest is and after about an hour i find out they forgot to send it and it will be here tomorrow. :bruce_h4h:

Good job its a 2 day job and i am only going back on Wednesday.

Not a very good start, LOL

Well today is the 3rd day tradng and we are on site 1st fixing 10 camera system waiting for the kit to arive and a box turns up with 1/2 of the kit so i phone to find out where the rest is and after about an hour i find out they forgot to send it and it will be here tomorrow. :bruce_h4h:

Sorry it happens - a lot. Now if that were last week you would have still been paid for not being able to finish the job.

Jef

Customers!

Guest RICHL

Get the kit delivered in advance, and check its all present and correct before you start the job.

Get paid.

Sorry it happens - a lot. Now if that were last week you would have still been paid for not being able to finish the job.

Jef

Thats where your wrong i am on gardening leave untill the 5th of may so still getting