Security Installer Community

Gardtec In Screwfix

so what are Gardetc to do - stop selling them, if so what for?

No one is saying stop selling them, and I agree most companies will now only be aiming at selling class 2 and above equipment. But that isn't the point.

Were objecting to the Gardtec name being associated or placed on there DIY equipment which will result in them being just another Texecom.

BTW: Im certainly not saying Texecom make bad equipment, they don't. But they are primarely regarded as a DIY manufacturer, even though they aren't just that.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

i have been using gardtec now for over a year for my domestic and small commercial panels and also feel that it is a shame when you see a panel from them being sold in the diy markets at costs which are very close to ours.

I used to work for a major manufaturing company who made alot of high level products sold for installation companies around the world. This company alsomade the wickes control panel based on a model made redudant alot of years ago with a bit of reworking of the case they where still selling alot of these products when i left without upsetting anyone in the uk.

With regard to buying a car if you buy a new car from a main dealer most of the cars i know will now insist to keep its warranty it has to be serviced by a main dealer, but then you cannot buy a new audi from joe bloggs down the road can you

i hope gardtec look at the market reaserch this site offers them and thanks dave from time to time

Mark Smith, Director, S M Fire & Security Ltd, Bradford

No one is saying stop selling them, and I agree most companies will now only be aiming at selling class 2 and above equipment. But that isn't the point.

Were objecting to the Gardtec name being associated or placed on there DIY equipment which will result in them being just another Texecom.

BTW: Im certainly not saying Texecom make bad equipment, they don't. But they are primarely regarded as a DIY manufacturer, even though they aren't just that.

Texecom could sell their low end veritas led **** as a diy panel even with reduced programming and sell the excel as a trade panel with a new name.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

We did they kept going wrong.

You what?!?!?!

There is nothing wrong with Castle - I have had very few problems with new or new-ish panels. The older stuff develops problems - but then which panel doesn't after 7-8 years?

D7

Texecom could sell their low end veritas led **** as a diy panel even with reduced programming and sell the excel as a trade panel with a new name.

interesting view, the led **** version is a cut down r8+, the excel is r8+ with a different rkp same board, software ect..

Archived