Security Installer Community

4 Camera Dvr - 50fps

Guest matopia

Guest matopia

Is this still true as of the 28th of January 2006? - See comment by Peter James on Y3KCCTV.com dated Aug 21 2004, 07:53 PM).

Id rather cut of both my arms than use Y3K ever again, at all costs do not even consider them.

I spent 5k with them last year and the machines crash every time you sneeze.

Their returns dept is a joke and they will mess you around for weeks.

The stuff looks really good and when its not crashing or the hard drives arnt failing when you have something really important recorded, it works quite well the fps are shared though so 100fps between 8 cams is actually 12.5 fps

Swerve em

Pete

I had almost given up hope in finding a DVR under

Is this still true as of the 28th of January 2006? -

Yep, I'd rather cut Pete's arms off too. :)

Seriously though, they're useless. I only used them once and they were worse than LJD.

Havea look at http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk we deal with them & they are genuine people.

QFA I've used rfconcepts a few times and not had any bother with them.

YK3 I have had no personal experiance with, but everybody I know who has delt with them has had problems. :(

Perhaps things have improved there but I doubt it :fear:

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

I have yet to use RF even though theyre on my doorstep

Been using APC in warrington for my Dvr's and Cameras for domestic use,can't fault them and excellent prices

Y3K wouldn't even sell to me last time i tried to buy from them

Guest matopia

Excellent comments, I will stay well clear.

A question about a DVR. When it says Display 100fps (quad/25fps per channel), does that mean the DVR can only do a maximum of 25fps per channel if there were 4 cameras? or what if there was only 2 cameras, would that mean 50fps per camera?

I had a look at RFC Concepts web site and there I found the R200.

RFC200.jpg

Anyway the R200 looks perfect for my needs. Has a good looking manual with clear instructions, and the benefit of a 2nd hard drive at a later date, plus has USB support and Network.

In fact I have almst decided to buy the DVR R200 with 250Gb Hard Disc Drive. :yes:

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

==> Is this a good choice?

cheers,

Mike

Excellent comments, I will stay well clear.

A question about a DVR. When it says Display 100fps (quad/25fps per channel), does that mean the DVR can only do a maximum of 25fps per channel if there were 4 cameras? or what if there was only 2 cameras, would that mean 50fps per camera?

it is not "ONLY 25fps" per channel. that is pretty much enough in normal environment.

if you use two cameras you still would get 25fps / ch..

what comes to "..When it says Display 100fps (quad/25fps per channel).." i would say it simply means when you watch all four pictures at the same time DVR is capable of showing all four at rate of 25fps / second so alltogether it is showing 100 fps / second..

Archived