Security Installer Community

4 Camera Dvr - 50fps

Guest matopia

0870, 0845 etc...........

Some simple rules to consider

If your target audience are mainly consumers:

0800 to make their life easy, but publish an alternate "normal" number if you can for mobile users and people with inclusive call plans.

0845 is OK, but it costs them, so better to avoid if possible. In future will be less acceptable.

0870 is where you want to charge them, and they know it, e.g support. DON'T KEEP THEM WAITING!

Come to think of it, don't ever keep consumers waiting.

If your audience are business:

0800 - why bother?

0845 - neutral, go for it for convenience all round. Again, give a real number if you can.

0870 - why bother for the minimal extra revenue?

Come to think of it, don't keep anyone waiting..............................

The thoughts of chairman Andy! :whistle:

i am writing this on a mobile phone browser so not sure how it will come out. With regard to the website security, the site is 128bit secure, however you do not enter the secure area until you reach the page where you actually enter the credit card details, please check it out, you will see what i mean.

i am writing this on a mobile phone browser so not sure how it will come out. With regard to the website security, the site is 128bit secure, however you do not enter the secure area until you reach the page where you actually enter the credit card details, please check it out, you will see what i mean.

I am afraid that is not what happened. I did try it

post-4731-1138954418_thumb.jpg

Drew Hoggatt

Managing Director

Paxton Access Ltd

Follow this link for important legal information

Frames. Waste of time, the site may be secure in the frame but the user has no idea, what's the point?

And they still haven't paid the host to get rid of all the advertising banners.

The page inside the frame isn't secure either, y3k dont actually hold a certificate by the looks of it anyway.

Its all very well trying to defend their name, but from sellling 'security' products you'd at least think they can secure they customers credit card details in transaction, considering its only a few pounds per year for a SSL connection and certificate.

Dear Stuart/Drew

1. We do not have banners on the y3kcctv.com site which is the one we advertise, you must be looking at y3kcctv.co.uk? We use the free forwarding provided by the site hosts for forwarding this to y3kcctv.com which is why you get there banners.

2. You and Drew are correct when you look at Y3KCCTV.COM it does not show it as being secure for the credit card page even though it is, this is being caused by the fact we use cloaked forwarding, we will change this in the next few weeks so it is obvious that the site is secure, which it is.

3. Shared SSL, correct it is shared but that does not make the site unsecure which was the original point made.

Thanks for the valid points made guys and we will get the points made soughted!

Regards

Peter

Guest matopia

post-4731-1138954418_thumb.jpg

I also tried it, and was my main reason why I posted the original question (see first post) about Y3K. I was 99.9% on my way to buying a DVR from you, and was about to enter my credit card details, when I noticed there was no padlock. I even right clicked on the page and did a properties, and there was no mention of security or 128bit encryption.

You've got a padlock jpg on the left side of the page, but that means nothing to me when I want to know my credit card number is secure on the page that I am entering it on. It's piece of mind.

Archived