Security Installer Community

4 Camera Dvr - 50fps

Guest matopia

Hi all,

I recently joined Y3K and I am in charge of returns and technical for Europe.

Peter James is right we are doing everything we can to improve service levels and value the comments on this site, we have made changes and now offer:

1. Non premium rate technical support (tel. 0870 365 4012)

2. 14 day money back guarantee and advanced replacement (please note though carraige charges back to us are non refundable)

3. All prices shown on the website are now end user and we have a seperate discounted trade price list for genuine trade customers.

Whilst some of the posts I have read about Y3K customer service in the past on this forum were true, some of the posts do not reveal the full story (there are two sides after all), and others are simply fabricated.

Y3K has grown very quickly over the last few years and this quick growth caused customer service problems over the last few years, since then we have been playing catch up to build an infrastructure that can better accomodate our customers needs and I would welcome any feedback with regard to problems you have experienced in the past and any issues you may have in the future.

We have thousands of repeat customers around the world who are very satisfied with our products and our service levels.

We do not wish to use this forum for free advertising about how we have changed etc... but want everyone to know we have taken notice of the comments made in the past and are acting on them and will continue to do so in the future.

Should you have any problems please PM me and we will do all we can to resolve them.

Regards

Peter

I cant believe the returns carriage charge is non refundable, why should the installer/customer pay for it, its not there fault your equipment is faulty or is it because your company would lose out to much in which case you shouldnt be selling that equipment in the first place.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

1)Though an 0870 number is better than a 0906 number its still a revenue generating number, whats wrong with 0845.

2)Your competitors collect equipment failed under warrentee foc thats within 12months (some offer three year onsite warrentee).

3) It took you far too long to change your price structure on your website, and your website prices are still cheaper than some would retail your kit.

Why PM you? if you want respect on this forum then you need to air your dirty washing in the public arena.

We had dealings with your company three years ago, and were made broken promise after broken promise by Mr Singh, we came very close to losing a big customer because of our envolvment with y3k.

I have two of your 16 way machines sitting in my stores gathering dust that I had to replace with a competitors machine foc, despite returning them to your company for repair more times than I could count if I removed my shoes and socks as well!. At one time you had had one of the machines longer than my customer!!

I voted with my feet, and have vowed never to darken your doors again, its very unlikely anything you can say will convince me otherwise leopards and spots comes to mind, its your companies own fault I feel this way.

You may think that y3k has improved I think your too late.

Pete

should this really be on the public forum.... :no: just coz youve had a bad deal pete you shouldnt dismiss the whole company..remember your only as good as your last job...

Guest matopia

:P Well, I am truly amazed at RF Concepts Service. I placed an order for the R200 DVR on Sunday night after my above comment and I have it already. They had TNT deliver it to my wife's address, even though it says on their site that they will only deliver to the card holders address. I put a little comment on their last secure page asking if it was possible to have it delivered elsewhere and it worked.

I've just realized after reading the manual that I need a monitor (hahahaha!!!! - Yeah! I am a fool). :hmm: So, was wondering if one can get a BNC to Scart Cable, so I can plug it into my TV to configure it, and then once it's configured with network IP address, I can access it remotely via my PC monitor. I'm going to have a look on Maplin for the cable, else I'll get a cheapo monitor from somewhere.

Well done RF Concepts for the excellent service so far.

cheers,

Mike

Gaz it cant be anywhere else as Peter R hasn't got trade status.

And I agree you are only as good as your last job thats why I wont use them anymore.

Pete

he should be given the chance to say what has improved..after 3 years there must some improvement..

So, was wondering if one can get a BNC to Scart Cable,

Yep, or a mix of connectors instead. Usually the easiest way to do it is a SCART - phono adapter that plugs into the back of the TV then a phono - phono lead to a phono - BNC adapter in the back of the DVR.

Guest matopia
So, was wondering if one can get a BNC to Scart Cable, so I can plug it into my TV to configure it, and then once it's configured with network IP address, I can access it remotely via my PC monitor. I'm going to have a look on Maplin for the cable, else I'll get a cheapo monitor from somewhere.

You can get a BNC to scart .

Pete

cheers , Pete, I've just had a look and see there are all sorts of cables. Kind of glad this has happened, because I will only buy the cables once I know what the camera is going to have, and where I decide to put the DVR (it's final resting place).

Is it right to assume that the camera will have a BNC connector on the end so it can plug directly into my DVR?

or

Do they have RCA type connections which means I need some more adapter type cables. It's not a problem if I do, I was just wondering.

Wow! this is all starting to happen. DVR in, I installed a security light on the weekend, one of those PIR sensor lights from B&Q. It is working like a charm, and it's bright as hell and the sensor works really well. I wish I had bought one ages ago. Just a camera or two to purchase and some cables and adapters and I am done.

Is it right to assume that the camera will have a BNC connector on the end so it can plug directly into my DVR?

Assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups.

Having said that, I would say it is fairly likely that they are BNC but it might be worth checking first.

Archived