Security Installer Community

Advice On Pet Proof Alarm System?

Guest EnglishDude

vested interest or desperate?

i'm certainly not 'desperate' as to a 'vested interest'? darned right i have - i like the string ones with a noted hankerchief in a gift set. :P

obviously we all have a 'vested interest' in earning a living - none of us in the financial sense are charitable companies in this field, at least that i know of - just as an aside any who are charitable i could use you as sub-contractors, and i would be honour bound to keep you fully employed with plenty of overtime ;)

i, as many others run my own company, so i/we have a 'vested interest' in generating sales. perhaps you will tell me what it is you feel is wrong with this ethos.

you/your own company has a 'vested interest' in generating sales, even if like me and many others its mainly on 'word of mouth' recommendation. just so as you know, i do not advertise - not even yellow pages or signs on the van, simply because i am to darn busy with installs to take those 'i was only curious' sales visits to he back of beyond. :bruce_h4h:

if you are not the boss, do you agree you still have a 'vested interest' in ensuring the highest standards are employed. in so doing striving to keep your companies name respected above all others. how well you/your company actually do this is a matter for you and that company. if anyone working for or with me showed they did not hold that idea sacrosanct, i would then be desperate to get ride pronto :yes:

so with all that of my chest (and i've now had darn good scratch) thats why i/we employ sales stratagies, lump it together its called 'Capitalism', quit how to equate that to being 'desperate' baffles me. i call it fierce healthy compitition personally. B) and i welcome your compitition head on ;)

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

coz you keep replying to dead topics....

ive suspected it for a while..now i know you dont know what your talking about...dont mean to be harsh like... :hmm:

you keep 'popping' up on my posts like some sort of stalker, having a little snipe and entering a usually vague 'clever' comment, hey what ever flavours your gravy.

why not be more specific as to what you mean or where you dispute what i have said - its a forum so lets discuss like intelligent people - i can act to cover my short commings so don't worrry about me.

that way we can ALL learn something from your great knowledge :rolleyes: and my obviously limited resources drawn over 35 years. lets face it, if i don't know what heck i'm talking about no one else will ever stand a chance to interpret it but you :whistle: so help me out a little - kissy please. :)

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

and my obviously limited resources drawn over 35 years. lets face it, if i don't know what heck i'm talking about no one else will ever stand a chance to interpret it but you :whistle: so help me out a little - kissy please. :)
arfur mo, You have me beat. I went self employed in 1979 so only 27 years. But unlike you i can

Customers!

you keep 'popping' up on my posts like some sort of stalker, having a little snipe and entering a usually vague 'clever' comment, hey what ever flavours your gravy.

why not be more specific as to what you mean or where you dispute what i have said - its a forum so lets discuss like intelligent people - i can act to cover my short commings so don't worrry about me.

that way we can ALL learn something from your great knowledge :rolleyes: and my obviously limited resources drawn over 35 years. lets face it, if i don't know what heck i'm talking about no one else will ever stand a chance to interpret it but you :whistle: so help me out a little - kissy please. :)

i know people who have also been doing it over 35 yrs...it means nothing doesnt make them good engineers....

its been suggested i'm jeleous, because they are registered and i can not 'make the grade' (absolute tosh) with NACOSS or NSI, that includes all the GOOD engineers or the ones trying to be good that work for them.

As a one man band I doubt you will meet the requirements of the Inspectorates

i also dislike the blanket comments suggesting if a company is either small and/or not registered it is a cowboy outfit by default, and will give poor quality and is one of the bodge it and leg it no nothing' brigade by default.

I now lots of small co

Guest rjbsec

There may be many reasons not to meet the requirements to Inspectorate Approval, but being a one man band is not one of them.

And i know a few that do, why shouldnt they. A lot of large companies effectively become 1 man bands after 17:00hrs.

I now lots of small co

Archived