Security Installer Community

Advice On Pet Proof Alarm System?

Guest EnglishDude

:hmm: Okay I can think of dozens of one man bands who's work I have taken over, some of its tidy enough, but most of these claim in the ads in the yellow pages "installing to bs 4737" is there a log book, hand over documents any readings, there's model documents in the standard has anybody to copy these?

There may be many reasons not to meet the requirements to Inspectorate Approval, but being a one man band is not one of them.

your absolutely right rjbsec - but whats your point? do you think i perhaps personally do not meet these standards? perhaps just because i'm not 'registered' which you call 'approved' and so not actually required to gain their 'approval'. this also does not mean my standards are poor.

i am not intending to supply an excuse for not being 'approved', i don't actually need one not wanting to join the 'club', i'm just giving my views in a forum from the unregistered disafected side of the coin, i'll bet i'm not alone with them.

i need to remind all here, NSI/EN have not managed to gained my approval either, which is the crux of the isue i raised. perhaps one of the inspectorate will read my posts or perhaps you will point one at them, and hopefully they 'ammend' their ways which is the only way they will get me concidering to join.

now i admit i'm not bang up to date regarding knowledge all the latest NSI/EN requirements - lets face it i am not alone in this, even amongst CPO's and registered companies because the many strange changes made and the interpretations. if anything was found to be lacking on my part it would not be fatal, but be a simple matter for correction, and i suspect it would be be mainly in paperwork.

concider this, just because i don't go to church (mind you thats what i call an inspectorate :yes:) do you then i assume i'm evil and not aware of the bibles teachings or apply them? i don't think that is a valid approach to my little 'problem' (Al Capone used to go religeously to church - every Sunday but it was mainly for funerals ;) ).

i hope we never lose sight of the reason for fitting an alarm system in the first place i.e. to protect the clients premmises and effects.

i'm hopefully pliable, so open to have my mind changed by good sound argument, but i fear it or i is a lost cause. and again this is not in any defidence to registered companies and staff. i think i'll just have to start my own inspectorate :rolleyes: perhaps i'll call it 'gobby-in-specs' :whistle: B)

regs

arfur_mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest rjbsec
your absolutely right rjbsec - but whats your point?

Sometimes I wonder if its me who's had a long day or everyone else banghead

I don't have a point in respect to you - what you do is up to you, I simply don't care whether you join an inspectorate or not.

Fact - being a one man band is not a bar to Inspectorate Approval.

Fact - I advise any installer to gain Inspectorate Approval.

Fact - If you are not inspected your work options are restricted.

Fact - Whether or not you go to church is not something I have ever considered.

blimey, i think i'm feeling the birth pangs of a fan club - you will ALL be on my side soon due to my sublimible messages hidden in the text:P

regs

arfur_mo

:hmm: Okay I can think of dozens of one man bands who's work I have taken over, some of its tidy enough, but most of these claim in the ads in the yellow pages "installing to bs 4737" is there a log book, hand over documents any readings, there's model documents in the standard has anybody to copy these?

Im sure you can, and likewise i can say the same about inspected companies, no doubt you would say every installation by an inspected company is to the relevant standards with log book, readings etc

Sometimes I wonder if its me who's had a long day or everyone else banghead

I don't have a point in respect to you - what you do is up to you, I simply don't care whether you join an inspectorate or not.

hi rjbsec, well we do have got common ground as i simply don't care if you stay 'approved' that is also up to you - that

Guest rjbsec
soz m8 please correct me if i'm wrong and i'm not trying to be 'clever', but i thought you said as a one man band you doubted i would meet the requirements to get that approval.

Not me, someone else.

arfur....change your name to uncle albert...your ' DURING THE WAR' speach is quite interesting to say the least.. :P

worse than that - i now used denture-fix instead of bostik to fit vibros to windows ;)

worse than that - i now used denture-fix instead of bostik to fit vibros to windows ;)

why would you wanna fit a plastic dick to a window... :hmm:

Archived