Security Installer Community

Concept 6 - Tamper Light

Guest Guest_Mark_*

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I take it that because you were unable to string an intelligble sentence together and used emoticons instead, that you are illiterate. If this is the case then the alarm trade has gone downhill since I was involved.

Accenta

Accenta, if you have something useful to say then please do so. If not, then please refrain from posting. I don't know why you have this attitude, or why we seem to be a new target for you.

Accenta, if you have something useful to say then please do so. If not, then please refrain from posting. I don't know why you have this attitude, or why we seem to be a new target for you.

As I seem to offending people, probably because the truth hurts (please view the 'root' post which I believe to be useful) I will refrain from continuing with these posts. Infact I think I will go to bed and sleep all night long, unlike some of you cowboys who will be up answering your pagers and mobiles to control room operators, and motoring around the Country in your vans administering poor maintenance to poorly installed alarm systems.

Accenta.

Ok, maybe I have been a little bit hasty with regards to my conclusions about all the tradesmen/members of this forum. Not everyone here appears to be using this forum to drum up custom.

Giving out knowledge on crashing panels and giving out eng codes does not really constitute a security risk, for one thing, any alarm company worth their salt would not leave the default 'factory' eng code on any of their panels.

Another thing, even if the eng code given to one of your members of the public over this forum did turn out to be correct, they can not use the eng code to unset a set panel. If they had access to a panel in 'day mode' they may be able to leave it in eng mode making it awkward for the alarm user to set, but if they had any unscrupulous intentions they would need to know a whole lot more information to omit zones, silence SASU's, turn digi communicators off etc in eng mode.

Accenta. :P

I think people should have the information they need about their panel like the engineers manual or how to default their panel BUT doing this is a security risk and should not be done!! How do you know there

Dear Guest Accenta

I stumbled upon this site a few weeks ago and think it is great. I understand why you made some of your points but if you register and have a good look around you will find that your points don't hold a lot of water. I have been in the trade since 1968 when we used biscuit tins with toggle switches and key swiches for our alarm kits and needed help which I found on this site completly free just by browsing.

Please don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Meanwhile back on topic "you can't cut hair over the internet" and therefore the best advice is to let someone have a look as second guessing is just that.

Best wishes

Vince :)

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

As I seem to offending people, probably because the truth hurts (please view the 'root' post which I believe to be useful) I will refrain from continuing with these posts. Infact I think I will go to bed and sleep all night long, unlike some of you cowboys who will be up answering your pagers and mobiles to control room operators, and motoring around the Country in your vans administering poor maintenance to poorly installed alarm systems.

Accenta.

Been sacked recently then, sounds like sour grapes to me. :yes:

Sleep tight. :rolleyes:

I feel that any member of the Public who decides to actually ask these alleged 'tradesmen' for advice on this forum are wasting their time.
Well that might be your opinion, but it's wrong, and having a good browse of these forums will prove that to you.
All you are likely to get is "Sorry we are unable to give that sort of restricted information out to non-trade" and "post your location on this site and see if someone nearby can come round and (charge!) help you.
Again your wrong, I personally have freely helped visitors to this community, both with my time and free labour. Obviously I don't go around bragging about this, and it has only been for a few local members. Another thing is that many members will give out advice privately via the PM system, and again this is not evident from replies in the public forums.
As far as I am concerned, as an ex-service and maint engineer and installer for a reputable nationwide Company for five years, you lot are just using this site as a method of picking up easy work and probably charging a fortune for it.
Wrong again, only a few members of this community have ever got work from here.
If a member of the public is that desperate to ask you so-called tradesmen for advice on a forum on the Internet I would suggest they are pretty desperate and probably can not afford a visit by one of you anyway!

From what I have seen from most of the posts on this forum most of the non-trade members of the public seem reasonably switched on to at least be trying to fix this pretty mino problems themselves.

We do advise many people about many security issues, but we cannot give out defaulting information.
I suppose if I were to offer some constructive advice including eng codes for the older panels and advice on how to crash these older panels ready for re-programming the advice would be removed by a do gooding moderator!
Well that's why they are Moderators, it is there job to try and keep to the community rules, and as stated below defaulting information should not even be asked for...
The information on this site could be of a technical nature, members have no knowledge or resources for checking the ability of a individual posting questions (individual - 'Member' 'Guest') therefore information acquired from this site is for 'REFERENCE PURPOSES ONLY' and should not be used to and or carry out any modifications, repairs or fault diagnosis, by entering this site you confirm that any information received from this site is for 'REFERENCE PURPOSES ONLY' any problems concerning the correct operation, modification, repair or faults to a system MUST BE CARRIED OUT BY A PERSON QUALIFIED AND COMPETENT TO DO SO.

Members of this site do not charge for information given out and do so of their own free will and can not be held liable and or responsible for mistakes carried out by others, IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT ONLY A PERSON QUALIFIED AND COMPETENT TO DO SO REMOVES ANY EQUIPMENT OR COVERS EXPOSING LIVE PARTS.

You will not give out engineering manuals, defaulting, or any other sensitive information, on the public forums.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

I take it that because you were unable to string an intelligble sentence together and used emoticons instead, that you are illiterate. If this is the case then the alarm trade has gone downhill since I was involved.

Accenta

:roflmao::roflmao: ://.B.W.F.//:

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

So what is the point of having a 'Public' area on this forum if the best help you can give is "sorry we can't give that sort of info out on the internet" or just post your location here and see if one of us is nearby to come and (charge!) see you! If at least some of you are not using this site to drum up work!!!

As you say "you can't cut hair over the internet". :!:

Archived