Security Installer Community

A massive thank you

Guest Chewie

Guest Chewie

Don't know how many of you remember me but I was round here quite a bit around march-april time asking stupid questions about alarm installation. Well things got very hectic at work so progress on the DIY front all but stopped. Today I finally switched on my alarm system, programmed the main program and 2 part programs and even got my dialler to work.

I would just like to express my extreme gratitude to all those that helped me in my quest to install my first alarm system. Flush door contacts, garage door contact, pir's upstairs and down, 2 remote keypads, PA buttons, seperate PSU for additional bellbox, integrating fire alarms, speaker and dialler.

Without the expert help and guidance from you guys the job would have been infinately more difficult and I would have surely made grave errors during my install.

I have to say that one or two are far to eager with the "get a pro in approach", assuming that because a question is being asked, the job is beyond the diy'ers abilities. You know who you are Lurch ;) . But this is the most minor of niggles, and even Lurch was more than helpful, once I convinced him that I was not Frank Spencers long lost brother. :P

So once again, thank you one and all, this really is a super site, and for any that are interested there are some pictures of some of my install here.

http://www.videohelp.com/~craigtucker/Alarm/

very nice and tidy chewie

looks very pro and like the way all the cables are hidden , just one question though, why use pa buttons adj the rkp's, and not the rkp buttons 4 and 9 ?

regards

glen :)

Guest Chewie

Figured in the hopefuly unlikely event that the wife needed to use a PA button, it would be much easier to press a nice big red obvious button, than flip down the flap and remember which buttons to press simultaneously to trigger a PA alarm. Considering that if this were ever to happen it would likely be under extreme duress.

nice thinking, wasnt nit picking just wondered if there was a reason, and obviously there is, and a its a good one.

whats your next project ??

regards

glen :)

Guest Chewie

Next project is to finish decorating the rest of the house. Completed upstairs, bar the bathroom, but still got most of downstairs to do. Need to refit kitchen and bathroom.

cheers Lurch, appreciate it.

Archived