Security Installer Community

Wiring Rules

Guest Learning

are people not over-reacting a little bit to others giving out what colours they use?? as has already been stated, theres no standard colour code and most engineers do it differently so whats the problem??

but just for the record i use red/black 12v, blue/yellow alarm, green/white tamper, except on unpowered devices where i use red/yellow for alarm, eliminates the chance of accidentally wiring the red/black pair into 12v........

But that increases the chance of connecting 12V +ve to the zone terminals on the panel through the contact surely......

it aint exactly difficult to see if you take of a detector lid anyway the colours and pcb are marked so self explanitory !

So do you tell your customers what colours you use in their security system ..... and do you tell them that you will be announcing those same details to the whole world via the internet?

Go on, just this once, admit that you've got it wrong.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

And tamper programed to engineer reset.

Yes, always ..... but I still say it's very unwise to broadcast wiring details to a public area.

If I was a customer and came on here and saw that my installer was giving this information out, I'd be furious.

And tamper programed to engineer reset.

By & large I think (and I dont know all panels of course) panels that can allow eng reset for tampers can allow FSL. So why would anyone be using cc wiring on them.

What I'm getting at is those basic panels that are aimed at G1 or DIY which only have cc loops are easy to bypass so might be prudent not to publish your colours as per Alarmguard.

All you intruder engineers would be great in bomb factories, I can see it now, Bruce Willis or someone like that is there, saving Hollywood with his wire cutters ..........

Cut the red wire....no the blue, or is it green ? :P

I'm not cutting any colour ...... unless there's someone there to sign my call form!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived