Security Installer Community

Wiring Rules

Guest Learning

If anyone who has posted anything here that they would like to "amend" please let one of the Moderators know. :unsure:

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

If anyone who has posted anything here that they would like to "amend" please let one of the Moderators know. :unsure:

I agree totally with Zak on this.

When learning the book that comes with the panel will tell you what colours it recomends to use. What others use is up to them to keep secret as it adds to the security for their customers and it is wise to keep to yourselves. :no:

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

I think this is fair comment *hangs head in shame*.

Should have thought more before posting....I hadn't even considered it the public forum....I just picked the post up in the recent list :unsure:

My post can be removed :)

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

Personally I don't think it wise to note down what your wiring colours are in the PUBLIC forum.

Sometimes I worry that you installers may be getting things a little out of proportion!

If you are that worried about security, it would be best not to put up those bellboxes with your company's name and phone number. Someone might be able to use the information to help them "crack" the wiring code. I'd suggest that a blank bellbox is more secure.

Allso

Sometimes I worry that you installers may be getting things a little out of proportion!

If you are that worried about security, it would be best not to put up those bellboxes with your company's name and phone number. Someone might be able to use the information to help them "crack" the wiring code. I'd suggest that a blank bellbox is more secure.

Allso

Don't be silly. Wiring integrity is paramount to the security of any premises, hence FSL, tampers etc. There are lots of locations/situations whereby a criminal can get access to a cable, and if he knew which pair were the alarm, he could bypass the detection device with minimum problem.

That is being realistic, with only the tiniest bit of paranoia. We are in the security industry. The protection of the lives and valuables of our clients is a serious issue.

How would our name on a bellbox allow someone "to crack" the wiring code, unless the wiring code is on here for all and sundry to see?

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

How would our name on a bellbox allow someone "to crack" the wiring code, unless the wiring code is on here for all and sundry to see?

If I have legitimate access to an alarm system (say my own or a relative's) - I could inspect the detector wiring. I could then make a reasonable assumption that other houses or businesses with the same company's bellbox outside would be wired with a similar wiring code!

It seems to me that a blank bellbox would therefore be an "even more secure" way of doing things, unless you are going to use different wiring codes for different customer.

The industry don't use blank bellboxes (to the best of my knowledge), so your wiring code may only be as secure as your least trustworthy customer! Hence my surprise at your reaction to seeing such information on display here.

Allso

Archived