Security Installer Community

Mounting galaxy telecom module

Allso

Hi all, haven't visited for a while :) . Just a quickie question - why do I see some galaxy telecom modules advertised on ebay with mounting brackets, and more without? I have one (not yet installed) that just came with 4 self-adhesive PCB spacers for sticking on the panel back wall.

Are the brackets for use when there is limited space in the panel housing due to other modules having been fitted?

Allso

Are the brackets for use when there is limited space in the panel housing due to other modules having been fitted

Yes they are, just leaves more room in the panel for other things..:)

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Hi,

I'm referring to the sort of white plastic sheet that has the green "Approved for connection to BT etc." on it. I didn't get one either with the telecom module (just PCB spacers) or my galaxy panel (both new and boxed). What is that sheet for?

Hi Dave - your fingers obviously work faster that mine.

Allso

We fit a Telecom module on each of our 'out the way' Galaxy installs, can't think of any white plastic sheets you get with either the mounting plate or the comms module. The only thing I can think of is possibly a small plastic sticker that shows the equipment's been approved for connection to thge phone system.

The mounting plate is a godsend if you're cramped for room inside the main panel, keeps it tucked away sitting on top of the main pcb nice and neat and still let you get to all the zone connections etc. Not too important if you've only got a battery and 5 or 6 wires in there though.

egg03064.gif

Thanks, yes - I must mean the mounting plate - I didn't know what material it was made of, as I've only seen it in pictures.

It seems to come with some telecoms modules and not others - is it an optional extra that has to be ordered separately?

Allso

The telecom module comes with the mounting plate and nylon mounting studs.

Only the very old ones didn't have a mounting plate as they fitted inside a clear plastic shell.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

I beg to differ, if we order a telecom module then we get exactly that, if we want a mounting plate too then we always have to ask for that as well. It comes in a different box and has a different part number.

Maybe it's just Ent**prise that sell them that way. (are we allowed to mention company's by name here?)

egg03064.gif

As do I mate,

Every one I have ever fitted has come with the mounting plate in the same box, the module is availible on it's own but as far as I am aware it is a service spare.

I'll dig out a pic of the kit and the proper part number.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Archived