Security Installer Community

SmoakCloak

Guest Smokecloak

Paul Dards is MD of Smokecloak

matt2104 is Sales Manager at Concept

Draw your own conclusions from the second statement...

Observation: Matt is that a typing slip up there?  or do you need a week to develop a new hi-performance product to outsmoke the smokecloaks?

LOL!! :whistle:

Regards

Alarmbloke

57032[/snapback]

Heheh.

It would probably take a bit longer than a week, to re-jig the range. I think I was just typing fast and giggling to myself.

But yeah, venue for the "smoke-off"....how about Smokies.

Tickets should be business cards with the usual raffle of balloon sticks at the end. :)

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

The question of performance in all seriousness is a debated one and the claims made by Paul and ourselves are at times at odds with one another.

We would be happy to accept any challenge that had an independantly defined set of criteria and was also independantly arbitered.

Things like the tests done on our kit by the BRE (Building Research Establishment) and the AEA (Atomic Energy Authority) tend to lend credibility to our claims as they are independant assessing bodies.

The BRE have tested the persistency of our smoke in a situation that they deemed to be a "typical" break in and I will make the report availabe to anyone interested.

The AEA have independantly verified our claims with reference to particle sizing.

Molecular Profile Services also conducted independant electron micrograph studies of samples exposed to our smoke and could not find ANY evidence of contamination at the visible or molecular level. Again the report is available on request

Our generators are used to challenge the efficiency of Hepa filters in clean rooms as another example. This is due to the consistency of particle size that our machines produce.

We have a multitude of technical, simulation and military applications that none of you will even come into contact with in your industry. For instance leak testing Hercules aircraft in preparation for action.

leak.jpg

All of these reports can be made freely available on request. I am not going to post them here as they are relatively large files and I do not see the need unless people have an interest.

Just thought this may be of interest

M

Head office:

I was kind thinking of this place as a good prolonged test?

Cardington_6.jpg

3 machines each....

Alarmbloke

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

It would be really interesting if someone who uses these products frequently (or Concept or Smokeloak) can come up with some test criteria - and test all the main machines on the market (i.e. smoke output, smoke cut-off methods (and re-filling following forced ventilation of course), alarm integration, diagnostics, ease of installation, susceptibility to attack/sabotage, lifetime of fluid etc.). At the end of the day, regardless of the results, some people will always prefer to do business with one company rather than another. It won't always come down to what is the best product, or which device outperforms the other in very specific scenarios. Company image, helfulness, particular sales staff and price all come into the equation. But personally, I think Smokecloak is better, but why I could not possibly say (because I don't know)! :unsure:

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

I was kind thinking of this place as a good prolonged test?

Cardington_6.jpg

3 machines each....

Alarmbloke

57320[/snapback]

Should not be too much of a problem.

Apologies for quality of footage, but this is one of our old M 700 generators during a test firing at an unnamed warehouse with £80 Million worth of stock.

Warehouse activation - 1 generator

The M 700 is just short of our current mid range machines.

:)

Head office:

Yeah,

That is why most of the current manufacturers also offer high powered strobes as well.

The effect is nothing short of awesome.

Head office:

Been to a site today that has 3 Smoke cloaks fitted.

on test firing 2 of them dribbled sticky residue over the front of themselves and all over the equipment underneath. :( the other failed to fire so it's currently in bits on my workbench.

Luckily i spotted it as it was doing it and quickly mopped up the mess it made.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Been to a site today that has 3 Smoke cloaks fitted.

on test firing 2 of them dribbled sticky residue over the front of themselves and  all over the equipment underneath.  :(  the other failed to fire so it's currently in bits on my workbench.

Regards

Bellman

57420[/snapback]

Do you know why 2 of them dribbled sticky residue? Did they then fire properly?>

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

dribbled sticky residue over the front of themselves and  all over the equipment underneath

Regards

Bellman

57420[/snapback]

Mmmm Im the same, it's age you know.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived