Security Installer Community

SmoakCloak

Guest Smokecloak

Guest Smokecloak

Hello Security Members

My name is Paul Dards inventor of the Smokecloak system. I have seen some posts on this sites - and I thought you would like to hear from the guy who started it all off!!

I started my first business 42 years ago - so that means I am OLD!!

I developed Smokecloak in 1992 because my electronics business kept been burgled.

Because of my electronics background - I wanted my machines to be reliable - I did not want to spend money on repairs. Some have said our equipment is "over engineered" - that I am proud of.

To prove it we give a three year warranty.

Business is about competition, which I welcome because it raises standards.

In our small vertical market, there is a lack of knowledge and lot of sales hype.

A lot of rubbish is spoken about contamination - of course an incorrectly installed/maintained system could produce problems - but that is the fault of the provider. We offer unrivalled support if asked!!

I believe in producing what the customer needs.

I think battery backup is essential.

I think automatic top up of smoke is essential, regardless of means of attack.

This means you need more smoke in a ram raid than an attack to the fire escape.

Smokecloak is unique with its patented Cloaksensor which delivers the right amount of smoke regardless of method of attack.

I think proven build quality is vital. We have spent vast amounts of money on development and approvals.

Most of all, I think recommendation from existing customers proves we are doing what is required.

I think customers like Barclays Bank are very cautious about endorsing products unless they are sure of the effectiveness.

Performance is a debated subject, we use an independently manufactured, calibrated smoke density measuring device which has proved Smokecloak products to be more effective than any other on the market.

We are happy and keen for any other manufacturer to go head to head with our equipment over a 15 minute period.

We have not yet found any one which can compare like for like and I am happy to offer a case of champagne to anyone who can prove me wrong.

I welcome anyone to talk technical to me 01604 839000

Guest G.J.M
Hello Security Members

We have not yet found any one which can compare like for like and I am happy to offer a case of champagne to anyone who can prove me wrong.

56572[/snapback]

If you make it two crates of Magners i might take you up on that offer. ;)

Champagne is overated and gives me indigestion.

Welcome to the forums Paul. I've heard a lot about you. ;)

hope you learn something

56589[/snapback]

Think that could be the other way round as well. :yes:

Paul

I had talks with you a long time ago (when you first started)about a customer who required a smoke system, we got the quotes from you, put the job forward to the customer, won the job and then you informed me we had to come to you for training which at the time was a day out of our working week and miles from Manchester, we approach one of you competitors ( a member of this forum) who sent somebody to site where we was working trained us up on a actual installation we were doing , so we did not lose any time having to send engineers away for training which i have never been able to understand why, when somebody wants up to buy their equipment they also want you to lose money attending a training programme at their office which means losing engineers.

So has the training changed ?

Richard

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Paul, if your planning on sticking around for a while let me know and i'll upgrade your status to "Manufacturer", you'll be able to see a little more of our Forums then..?

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived