Security Installer Community

Where can i buy a Galaxy 8

Guest Guest_Mike_*

Guest Guest_Mike_*

i've had a bells-only system for 3 years from //.National Installer.//. it has never gone wrong and i've recently cancelled the £15 per mth i was paying - clearly for very little!. They now want to "recover" their system or charge me £617+vat for a galaxy8 system. I cannot imagine they really cost that much.

So, where can i buy a new or used Galaxy8?

i've already looked on ebay and there is one but want to persue other sellers as well.

when i get on, i'll then take great pleasure in asking them to come and collect it!

thanks in advance

The Galaxy doen't cost that much. A Galaxy and detectors, cable, bells, installation etc... does.

As mentioned, the Galaxy is not a DIY panel. If you really don't want the //.National Installer.// system you'd be better of calling several local companies to quote you for installation of a new system.

For what it's worth, Galaxy are regarded by many professionals as one of, if not the, best panels you can get. Pre]ofessional installation is recommended.

Guest Chewie

If you want to replace it with a DIY system the most time consuming part of the job is already done - running the cables.

I have no idea what a galaxy system would run to but for £617 + vat I would assume that that includes the installation fee. As the sysem is already installed it seems a bit unreasonable to charge for this again.

Presumably when they recover their system they will not be ripping all the cables out. If it were me I would let them have their system back and wire in a new one using the existing cables.

I have no idea what a galaxy system would run to but for £617 + vat I would assume that that includes the installation fee.  As the sysem is already installed it seems a bit unreasonable to charge for this again.

44743[/snapback]

//.National Installer.// systems are(were) rented on some contracts so he either hasn't paid for installation or owes for the remainder of the contract to release ownership of the system. Not really a DIY subject, gets quite involved!

you could get one from an alarm company in your area - they will even install it for free!!!

44708[/snapback]

He's already got one from //.National Installer.// :!:

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

i've had a bells-only system for 3 years from //.National Installer.//.  it has never gone wrong and i've recently cancelled the £15 per mth i was paying - clearly for very little!.  They now want to "recover" their system or charge me £617+vat for a galaxy8 system.  I cannot imagine they really cost that much.

i've already looked on ebay and there is one but want to persue other sellers as well.

when i get on, i'll then take great pleasure in asking them to come and collect it!

thanks in advance

44706[/snapback]

Going back to the original question, surely you need to look at your contract with //.National Installer.//?

For example, did you pay a fee for installation and then a separate £15 per month for maintenance, or was it all bundled in for £15 per month over several years (how many?).

Assuming, for example, that the system cost £1,000 to install including all parts, accessories, manpower etc. then £15 per month (£180pa) would take well over 5 years to pay off ignoring interest and maintenance.

Just giving back the controller box won't cancel the outstanding debt, and giving them a different one would just cause other problems.

Are you actually asking the right question of //.National Installer.//, and this forum? :blink:

i've had a bells-only system for 3 years from //.National Installer.//.  it has never gone wrong and i've recently cancelled the £15 per mth i was paying - clearly for very little!.  They now want to "recover" their system or charge me £617+vat for a galaxy8 system.  I cannot imagine they really cost that much.

thanks in advance

44706[/snapback]

The only place you will be able to buy one is Ebay as its a panel that is not available for the public to buy.

Even if you try to DIY your way out of this with an Ebay sourced galaxy you will have problems.

If you try to DIY with another type of panel your likely to have more problems than you can solve bacause of the EOL resistors the galaxy uses.

Take the advice and get another proffessional company in to resolve your problems or sort it out with //.National Installer.//.

Guest Chewie
//.National Installer.// systems are(were) rented on some contracts so he either hasn't paid for installation or owes for the remainder of the contract to release ownership of the system. Not really a DIY subject, gets quite involved!

44744[/snapback]

ok, but from what I understand they want £617 + vat, or to remove the system. If they remove the system, a DIY install could be done for a lot less than £617 + vat, and the majority of the work (running the cables is already done).

Ring them up, request the resales manager, note his/her name and give them an absolute final date for collection to suit you. Explain if the kit is not collected on this date (not before or after) you will leave the kit outside in a box. (Back this up in writing with a recorded delivery letter)

You may find the appointment is not kept and you will inherit some kit.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived