Security Installer Community

Where can i buy a Galaxy 8

Guest Guest_Mike_*

Guest Guest_Mike_*

Thanks for all the replies!

to clarify a few points:-

my plan was to buy a new/used galaxy8 and give that back to //.National Installer.// - little point in removing their unit and replacing it with the same.

all the cabling is installed, by an electrician when the house was re-wired.

i think i paid £260 for "installation" and then £15 per mtg for "maintenance & support" - which meant 1 visit a year to check on things. the contract does state, hidden away, that the kit is theirs.

i like the suggestion of calling their bluff and asking them to come and collect it. surely it would be more hassle and cost for them to do that than the value of the equipment.

alternatively i could take out the control panel, leave the PIRs - give it back to them. then self install something else - perhaps something i could connect to my home computer network? i'd like it to do things like txt when armed/unarmed/alarm goes off etc.

any suggestions?

i like the suggestion of calling their bluff and asking them to come and collect it.  surely it would be more hassle and cost for them to do that than the value of the equipment.

44809[/snapback]

This would, again be my first angle as it cost's nothing to do and could save you in the long run.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Guest ALSEC
He's already got one from //.National Installer.// :!:

44751[/snapback]

I know that, but the question was:

So, where can i buy a new or used Galaxy8?

44706[/snapback]

So I answered the question - no need to get all :!: :!: :!:

ok, but from what I understand they want £617 + vat, or to remove the system.  If they remove the system, a DIY install could be done for a lot less than £617 + vat, and the majority of the work (running the cables is already done).

44761[/snapback]

And you would end up with a DIY system that wasn't anywhere near up to the standard of a Galaxy. I'm not saying leave it in and give //.National Installer.// the money though, as the above few posts state, there are several options other than this.

i've had a bells-only system for 3 years from //.National Installer.//.  it has never gone wrong and i've recently cancelled the £15 per mth i was paying - clearly for very little!.  They now want to "recover" their system or charge me £617+vat for a galaxy8 system.  I cannot imagine they really cost that much.

So, where can i buy a new or used Galaxy8?

i've already looked on ebay and there is one but want to persue other sellers as well.

when i get on, i'll then take great pleasure in asking them to come and collect it!

thanks in advance

44706[/snapback]

so you had the system for 3 yrs,its never gone wrong you pay £180 per year to the worlds biggest alarm company for a good system...so you fit your own and it goes wrong..how much do you think it will cost for a decent company to come out at 2am to fix it...when you have no contract...what if it false alarmed every night and an engineer came every night?would you feel you got your moneys worth then....penny wise pound foolish banghead

Thanks for all the replies!

to clarify a few points:-

my plan was to buy a new/used galaxy8 and give that back to //.National Installer.// - little point in removing their unit and replacing it with the same.

all the cabling is installed, by an electrician when the house was re-wired.

i think i paid £260 for "installation" and then £15 per mtg for "maintenance & support" - which meant 1 visit a year to check on things.  the contract does state, hidden away, that the kit is theirs.

i like the suggestion of calling their bluff and asking them to come and collect it.  surely it would be more hassle and cost for them to do that than the value of the equipment.

alternatively i could take out the control panel, leave the PIRs - give it back to them.  then self install something else - perhaps something i could connect to my home computer network?  i'd like it to do things like txt when armed/unarmed/alarm goes off etc.

any suggestions?

44809[/snapback]

they will come and get it..they have to as its an asset and no company gives its assets away...and giving a second hand panel back from ebay aint gonna fool them,

Quote title "Where can i buy a Galaxy 8"

Eng - when I saw your name on the board index next to this thread I thought you had one in your boot for sale,

sorry mate couldnt resist :w00t:

they will come and get it..they have to as its an asset and no company gives its assets away...and giving a second hand panel back from ebay aint gonna fool them,

44907[/snapback]

we have nation (actually world)wides here that do not come and collect the equipment. if they can get new one cheaper than removal of old one, i can see the point.

How long will it take them to come and take it out, labour travel etc.

Value to them as a box for reuse/resale.................Zero.

Thought //.National Installer.// were in the business to make money. They might go and take them out where you are Gaz, but I cant see time/money involved going done well on the monthly figures.

Do what Norman suggested and see what happens, let us all know.

Archived