Security Installer Community

Trying to think outside the box. Combined intruder alarm and CCTV.

I'm still kicking ideas around. I want to have the intruder alarm with CCTV recorder in one building, then in another where the CCTV cameras, some PIR's and door switches. Extending the network via a wireless bridge for the CCTV cameras is easy enough, but not sure how to overcome trying to send signals back to the other building from the intruder detectors (without cables).

Is there a box of tricks to convert the on/off signals from the intruder detectors via the  wireless bridge and back to on/off signals for the intruder alarm? Or is there such a system out there for CCTV and intruder alarms all inside the same box using the network system?

As usual, thanks in advance for any useful information  🙂 🙂  

28 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

Not directly with anything decent.  I'd seperate the issues. Diy you could use texecom with it's issues that would sort your detection. Then WiFi bridge your cctv

Unless he uses ha system which provides that but decent stuff might cost 40k 😉

12 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Either separate systems or wireless depending on distance.

The distance between buildings as the crow flies is 25 metres. However my concern is the building where the alarm panel will be sited has been insulated with silver foil, so acts as a Faraday cage (I've already had to move the TV antenna from the loft to the outside of the building).

On 11/02/2024 at 22:47, sixwheeledbeast said:

Either separate systems or wireless depending on distance.

So the mesh would work? If you place the receiver in an IP box outside each building for the intruder ? Texecom? 25m