Security Installer Community

CCTV kits, who to run with please?

Be nice please. 🙂

There seems to be numerous Wireless CCTV kits on the UK market, and loads more elsewhere. Who do you advise to run with and who should I really avoid please?

I'm probably looking at 4 cameras (with room for expansion on the recorder).

I've not yet seen any kits with a camera door bell, whats the best route for this please?

As usual, thanks in advance for any useful information 🙂 🙂 

There is plenty of DIY junk on the market. As you may have discovered from the other threads no installer would fit it.

As pointed out there is no wireless power so if batteries you'll be forever replacing them.

One issue often overlooked at a DIY level for CCTV is that if connected to the internet you are hosting a server, therefore open to attack.

Cheap stuff has poor software and security not chance of updates. It will be backdoored very quickly allowing others to monitor you while mining themselves some bitcoin with your electricity...

23 hours ago, SteveDaBeard said:

Be nice please. 🙂

There seems to be numerous Wireless CCTV kits on the UK market, and loads more elsewhere. Who do you advise to run with and who should I really avoid please?

I'm probably looking at 4 cameras (with room for expansion on the recorder).

I've not yet seen any kits with a camera door bell, whats the best route for this please?

As usual, thanks in advance for any useful information 🙂 🙂 

So you may as well do ring then right?

Although there are a few others who do the door ell and cameras , hik, ezviz(same as him)  or whatever it's called 

Back to choice again...

Thought I'd look at Hikvision, however very few retailers, though lots of wholesalers. 

Also looked at...

• Swann via Screwfix/Toolstation.
  • City Electrical has 3 different makes ESP, Yale and Facina.
  • Discountcctvsupplier has DAHUA, HIKVISION and HILOOK BY HIKVISION.
  • Found two sites who seem to be owned by one another, these being Domar.aka Zxtech. I did email both companies with different questions over a week ago and got no reply, so I think if they're that bad with a sales enquiry, they'll be just as bad if something goes wrong!
  • Lorex Security Products

Which should I definitely avoid?

Thanks once more for any support 🙂

40 minutes ago, SteveDaBeard said:

Back to choice again...

Thought I'd look at Hikvision, however very few retailers, though lots of wholesalers. 

Also looked at...

• Swann via Screwfix/Toolstation.
  • City Electrical has 3 different makes ESP, Yale and Facina.
  • Discountcctvsupplier has DAHUA, HIKVISION and HILOOK BY HIKVISION.
  • Found two sites who seem to be owned by one another, these being Domar.aka Zxtech. I did email both companies with different questions over a week ago and got no reply, so I think if they're that bad with a sales enquiry, they'll be just as bad if something goes wrong!
  • Lorex Security Products

Which should I definitely avoid?

Thanks once more for any support 🙂

All of them?