Security Installer Community

Turbo Mongs

MrHappy

6 hours ago, james.wilson said:

Couldn't insure it where im from. Must be racist thing

Every other day there's something on social media about a crash involving a Golf r or rs3 in Bradford. There's definitely a stereotypical driver who runs out of talent and ends up wiping out half a dozen parked cars. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

3 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

which is the reason why the premiums are high ?

Not totally, remember the insurance companies lost a lot of money through covid and with weather events too. 

• Upvote 1

On 30/12/2023 at 10:44, norman said:

Not totally, remember the insurance companies lost a lot of money through covid and with weather events too. 

Yeah but I feel constantly shafted Efficacy and Liability October, Fleet January, office buildings and contents February, Home insurance March, Personal vehicle insurance June. Then there is all the travel insurance when I go either on Holiday or to China on business. Ive not made a claim in years and years full ncb on the car never made a home claim, the fleet insurance is probably the only thing Ive had to claim on in the last 10 years. 

Agreed but at least you can pass on the business costs. Travel insurance has gone up, but not by much iirc as I renewed ours a while ago so will probably be shafted next time. 

some sort of dispute over a tyre -

you'd think think if you could buy or finance a 60k+ car, a few hundred quid for a tyre would be no issue ?

The tyre fitter Iveco, will 2/3 of cost of the audi at cica 40k inc vat ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Yeah, watched the whole lot a few days ago, usual suspects' (sorry Al) 

The guy was a credit to the tyre company, we paid ~ £200 for a mid-range Corolla tyre a few weeks ago, out of hours just off the M Way, happy to pay for someone's inconvenience.

£400 seems reasonable, my tyres costs circa £300 fitted, to begin with let alone getting a new one fitted on the motorway. There is a danger value and a callout cost and a convenience factor the more I think about it the more I think its a bargain.