Security Installer Community

HKC

Terry Hunter

Had a customer broken into last night - cameras picked up the intruder but the HKC alarm didn't report anything until the Police when in 6 hours later then all worked and the monitoring station received everything.

I think HKC were doing maintenance on their servers as this is not the 1st time I have experianced this and I doubt if they will come clean.

Besides this why do Security suppliers especially HKC have no support (even email) over the holiday.

4 hours ago, Terry Hunter said:

Had a customer broken into last night - cameras picked up the intruder but the HKC alarm didn't report anything until the Police when in 6 hours later then all worked and the monitoring station received everything.

I think HKC were doing maintenance on their servers as this is not the 1st time I have experianced this and I doubt if they will come clean.

Besides this why do Security suppliers especially HKC have no support (even email) over the holiday.

So what's the panel logs say?

Can you display them here just the logs ?

Is it police response? 

WiFi only?

Been to site panel shows nothing but when the Police went in it sent all the correct info as though they were the intruders. nothing on the log since set to them turning up - video shows there was an intruder, smashed door and money stolen! after testing everything works as it should - abit worring but frustrating I need to wait till the 2nd but think the panel is the issue not their web service.

2 hours ago, Terry Hunter said:

Been to site panel shows nothing but when the Police went in it sent all the correct info as though they were the intruders. nothing on the log since set to them turning up - video shows there was an intruder, smashed door and money stolen! after testing everything works as it should - abit worring but frustrating I need to wait till the 2nd but think the panel is the issue not their web service.

So what your saying is panel is possibly faulty and your responsible?, logs show set only and none of the devices triggered

I assume all devices wireless?

Your contract on monitoring?

Maybe others here can comment

Just now, al-yeti said:

So what your saying is panel is possibly faulty and your responsible?, logs show set only and none of the devices triggered

I assume all devices wireless?

Your contract on monitoring?

Maybe others here can comment

Maybe you made mistake , supervision and other things all switched off 

Sounds a bit fishy, either someone walk tested the system and found blind spots, or the system was unset and the CCTV times have been adjusted to make it look like it was out of hours. The log logs when its armed and when its not Id be getting a print off and checking the CCTV very closely to make sure that the clocks are all correct. The only times Ive seen anything like it always turned out to be an inside job. 

35 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Sounds a bit fishy, either someone walk tested the system and found blind spots, or the system was unset and the CCTV times have been adjusted to make it look like it was out of hours. The log logs when its armed and when its not Id be getting a print off and checking the CCTV very closely to make sure that the clocks are all correct. The only times Ive seen anything like it always turned out to be an inside job. 

Insurance job?