Security Installer Community

Texecom & Lutron

I connected my Lutron lighting setup to the Texecom panel for a few purposes;

On arm - The outside welcome light is on.

On alarm - All lights excluding the bedrooms are on full brightness, inside and out.

I never integrate in reverse (Lutron switch to arm / disarm) as even adding obfuscation to the mix (press and hold for 5 seconds, press button 5 times etc...) still doesn't protect against little fingures or accidents.

Does anyone else integrate Lutron to Texecom?

"Passwords are like underwear. Don't let people see it, change it very often, and you shouldn't share it with strangers."

Yeah, I chose not to use Home Assistant as relying on MQTT server worries me. The contact closure output for me is super reliable, and Lutron is fantastic kit, so virtual keypads or even I/O on some of their drivers is ideal for this.

Super right in that the alarm can pick up so much slack anyway. Back when I thought it was cool, I used the alarm to switch on a red light outside to show the alarm was armed. This was before I realised I do not want the world and his wife / husband knowning when my alarm may be armed or not.

"Passwords are like underwear. Don't let people see it, change it very often, and you shouldn't share it with strangers."

2 hours ago, pineapplecurlingswan said:

Yeah, I chose not to use Home Assistant as relying on MQTT server worries me. The contact closure output for me is super reliable, and Lutron is fantastic kit, so virtual keypads or even I/O on some of their drivers is ideal for this.

Super right in that the alarm can pick up so much slack anyway. Back when I thought it was cool, I used the alarm to switch on a red light outside to show the alarm was armed. This was before I realised I do not want the world and his wife / husband knowning when my alarm may be armed or not.

Lutein is fantastic until it goes wrong , then usual happens sub doesn't want to pay , and sometimes the one man business won't come back and then they have to end up paying 

But other than that it's quite good , provided they put the right bulbs in when using the dimmer system lol

2 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Lutein is fantastic until it goes wrong , then usual happens sub doesn't want to pay , and sometimes the one man business won't come back and then they have to end up paying 

But other than that it's quite good , provided they put the right bulbs in when using the dimmer system lol

I can programme and install Lutron so thankfully I only have myself to blame if the person to fix it can't or won't 😂

Most of my lights are just switched rather than dimmed, in fact only a single circuit in my home is dimmable, the rest are just switched. I like light and plenty of it and as soon as I go into a dim room, I struggle to see anything.

Have you look at Mode Lighting before? It's great kit, much cheaper than Lutron, and lots of integration. Very similar programming and also you can use cat 6 cable for keypads without issues, which is much cheaper.