Security Installer Community

[Split - Hiya, just saw this site...] The Perfect Panel?

Barsnake

On 24/08/2023 at 19:23, Ubermik said:

Currently doing a job with 97 individual areas on the Enforcer X 280H which is due to be released in either September or October

Dont get me started on this new 280     

9 hours ago, Barsnake said:

Dont get me started on this new 280     

Lol, to be fair the 128 is the panel I have been wanting SOMEONE to pull their head out of their **** and release for a decade or so

All somebody needed to do was make a polycarb panel with a remote keypad, 8 wired and 8 wireless (both expandable) with built in wifi and an app for a reasonable price and I think they would have cleaned up the residential market (EVEN if it was ADE lol)

Whilst the new pyronix panel which I think is due to be released next year "kind" of ticks all the boxes companies like Pyronix seem to ignore the residential market and either bring out underwhelming trash or make anything decent grade 2 and more expensive than a lot of people want to pay, even though theres probably 30 or 40 domestic alarms installed for every 1 business system

Considering they sell the Euro46S for around £100 ex vat including the keypad and with metal box I am sure they could have managed to make a polycarb panel, with an LCD keypad, 8 wired, 8 wireless and wifi for the same price and still make a healthy profit, but my suspicion is that it will be more like £150 - £170 plus vat to be in line with the cost of a euro + digilan or wifi XA

Gotta be honest though, I am extremely impressed with the X 280, the zone and device scans work flawlessly, and although the web configuration environment is slightly awkward its still really good and should improve over time

Plus it has a LOT of LEDs on the mainboard which is always a good thing, just take the lid off and you dont need to bother with Christmas lights ?

Whats been your beef with the new 280 if you dont mind me asking in case I come across any of the same issues?

Edited by Ubermik

I'd suggest you start a perfect 2 panel garage thread. There's lots I like about the old castle panels that was moved over but no one has yet in mine or anyone's opinion the perfect panel. Yours would be interesting

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

1 hour ago, Ubermik said:

Lol, to be fair the 128 is the panel I have been wanting SOMEONE to pull their head out of their **** and release for a decade or so

All somebody needed to do was make a polycarb panel with a remote keypad, 8 wired and 8 wireless (both expandable) with built in wifi and an app for a reasonable price and I think they would have cleaned up the residential market (EVEN if it was ADE lol)

Whilst the new pyronix panel which I think is due to be released next year "kind" of ticks all the boxes companies like Pyronix seem to ignore the residential market and either bring out underwhelming trash or make anything decent grade 2 and more expensive than a lot of people want to pay, even though theres probably 30 or 40 domestic alarms installed for every 1 business system

Considering they sell the Euro46S for around £100 ex vat including the keypad and with metal box I am sure they could have managed to make a polycarb panel, with an LCD keypad, 8 wired, 8 wireless and wifi for the same price and still make a healthy profit, but my suspicion is that it will be more like £150 - £170 plus vat to be in line with the cost of a euro + digilan or wifi XA

Gotta be honest though, I am extremely impressed with the X 280, the zone and device scans work flawlessly, and although the web configuration environment is slightly awkward its still really good and should improve over time

Plus it has a LOT of LEDs on the mainboard which is always a good thing, just take the lid off and you dont need to bother with Christmas lights ?

Whats been your beef with the new 280 if you dont mind me asking in case I come across any of the same issues?

Ignore residential market? Enforcer is what they went with...

1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

Ignore residential market? Enforcer is what they went with...

Its wireless, most of the residential installs are wired

So not only do you have to pay 2-3 times what the panel SHOULD cost, you then have to add almost the cost of an entire replacement panel just to get the 8 wired zones to connect existing sensors when upgrading or replacing a dead panel

So no, its not really targeted at the residential market as a whole at all, and takes zero account of the fact that a HUGE portion of the population either dont work or live paycheck to paycheck, its the "let them eat cake" of residential alarm panels

2 hours ago, james.wilson said:

I'd suggest you start a perfect 2 panel garage thread. There's lots I like about the old castle panels that was moved over but no one has yet in mine or anyone's opinion the perfect panel. Yours would be interesting

The other thing I would do to be honest that I am amazed nobody seems to have thought of is to plaster the back with holes, so that the panel is a DIRECT drop in replacement for as many panels as possible without the need to drill ANY holes, which I think would be a big selling point for installers

And none of this single terminal nonsense, where a +12 or 0v is shared between multiple things like a speaker and where every zone has two terminals, not the Z1/COM/Z2 arrangement, and make all terminals the 45 degree angled ones so you can clearly see the hole when inserting wires

25 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

A panel cab like swiss cheese will have no strength when Billy burglar comes to try and pull it off the wall.

A Galaxy cabinet has large slot, putting a Premier 48 in its place is pain in the ring...

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

12 hours ago, Ubermik said:

The other thing I would do to be honest that I am amazed nobody seems to have thought of is to plaster the back with holes, so that the panel is a DIRECT drop in replacement for as many panels as possible without the need to drill ANY holes, which I think would be a big selling point for installers

And none of this single terminal nonsense, where a +12 or 0v is shared between multiple things like a speaker and where every zone has two terminals, not the Z1/COM/Z2 arrangement, and make all terminals the 45 degree angled ones so you can clearly see the hole when inserting wires

Galaxy

Telecom

Hkc

You can drill cut holes whatever you want I don't see the big deal and all have seperate terminals for power 

Why you want to stick with pyronix then ?