Security Installer Community

Greetings from Australia

Grego

They all need power, it's just were it comes from...

Powered would need local mains. Non-powered would be powered from upstream via the BUS (making sure you have capacity for that).

So if your reusing the PIR's you need 2x 1K resistors, that looks wired for an SEOL system.

TAMP  ALARM
 0  0  0  0
 |  |  |  |
 |  `1K`1K|
 Bu      Wh

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

So if your reusing the PIR's you need 2x 1K resistors, that looks wired for an SEOL system.

TAMP  ALARM
 0  0  0  0
 |  |  |  |
 |  `1K`1K|
 Bu      Wh

Thanks for that, really appreciate it. I am open to replacing the PIR's, so if you have a suggested make/model PIR that is compatible with a Galaxy Flex that would be great.

They all need power, it's just were it comes from...

Powered would need local mains. Non-powered would be powered from upstream via the BUS (making sure you have capacity for that).

Only issue I could see, I had planned on the RIO having a PIR, siren, and strobe directly attached. Those devices connected to the RIO would need to have 12 volts which I am thinking the RIO is unlikely to get from the panel. So I was thinking having a 12 volt UPS style power supply powering the RIO and devices might be a better approach. Only thing, I am unsure what to use to UPS power the RIO.

Either use a proper powered RIO or power it from the panel. If the RIO BUS can't take all the stuff your connecting to it, wire it seperate.

12V power is common for all of the BUS. External sirens are generally wired seperate back to the panel in most instances, the tamper return has to get back to something.

23 minutes ago, Grego said:

Thanks for that, really appreciate it. I am open to replacing the PIR's, so if you have a suggested make/model PIR that is compatible with a Galaxy Flex that would be great.

put resistors in your old tat & get the system working before you buy some new tat ?

anything with a n/c alarm + n/c tamper will work with your galaxy

I have no idea what pir's are sold in the Australia market, however the panel can define its own resistor values

TAMP  ALARM
 0  0  0  0
 |  |  |  |
 |  `1K`1K|
 Bu      Wh

MSpaint is cooler...

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

5 hours ago, Grego said:

Only issue I could see, I had planned on the RIO having a PIR, siren, and strobe directly attached. Those devices connected to the RIO would need to have 12 volts which I am thinking the RIO is unlikely to get from the panel. So I was thinking having a 12 volt UPS style power supply powering the RIO and devices might be a better approach. Only thing, I am unsure what to use to UPS power the RIO.

What siren and strobe

You could use an 8core , keep the power to Rio from the keypad power and the separate power for the strobe and siren 

On 22/08/2023 at 03:17, al-yeti said:

What siren and strobe

You could use an 8core , keep the power to Rio from the keypad power and the separate power for the strobe and siren 

Regarding the siren and strobe... It's hard to explain, however the RIO is going to be placed in a studio that is separate from our main house. The studio is where my wife manufactures glass jewellery, so we thought extending the new security system by using a RIO made sense. Being a separate building I figured having an independent siren and strobe made sense. 

I've run an 8 core cable between the house and studio, and yes agree the siren and strobe should be powered independently. I was advised outside this forum it's best to have a battery backed supply, as if mains fails, the RIO will power off causing tamper. But I figure if the RIO get's power from the panel and the siren/strobe are independently powered it might not be an issue.