Security Installer Community

Greetings from Australia

Grego

Have recently begun migrating from a really ancient Hills Reliance R128 Security System to a Honeywell Galaxy Flex FX100+ system. The learning curve so far has been high, but I must admit this site has been an amazing source of information and reference material. Have also been reading the galaxy flex installer manual, but I must admit the easiest way I have found to get up to speed has been the wiring diagrams supplied in this forum.

I think I have most things covered... but I am a little unsure of the most appropriate method for wiring the PIR sensor units. I have included a photo of the existing Hills Reliance panel, but I am thinking it may not be beneficial. I was wondering if a kind person could point me towards a wiring diagram or photo of the standard approach to wiring a PIR sensor to a Flex FX100+ board.

HillsReliance.thumb.jpg.f6b47c681079f9c85a0859e0c9c8f6ad.jpg

As I said, excellent forum, and thanks for all the information you share.

Thanks, Mark

38 minutes ago, Grego said:

Have recently begun migrating from a really ancient Hills Reliance R128 Security System to a Honeywell Galaxy Flex FX100+ system. The learning curve so far has been high, but I must admit this site has been an amazing source of information and reference material. Have also been reading the galaxy flex installer manual, but I must admit the easiest way I have found to get up to speed has been the wiring diagrams supplied in this forum.

I think I have most things covered... but I am a little unsure of the most appropriate method for wiring the PIR sensor units. I have included a photo of the existing Hills Reliance panel, but I am thinking it may not be beneficial. I was wondering if a kind person could point me towards a wiring diagram or photo of the standard approach to wiring a PIR sensor to a Flex FX100+ board.

HillsReliance.thumb.jpg.f6b47c681079f9c85a0859e0c9c8f6ad.jpg

As I said, excellent forum, and thanks for all the information you share.

Thanks, Mark

Well seems seems the panel uses a common and then zone legs

With the flex you can use two wires for power plus and minus , and then two wires for the zone 

What pirs are you using , perhaps a picture of those aswell will be helpful, 

Did you get a resistor pack with the flex 100? Those may or may not need to be installed in the pir

18 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Well seems seems the panel uses a common and then zone legs

With the flex you can use two wires for power plus and minus , and then two wires for the zone 

What pirs are you using , perhaps a picture of those aswell will be helpful, 

Did you get a resistor pack with the flex 100? Those may or may not need to be installed in the pir

Thank you for providing feedback, much appreciated. Yes, I did receive all the resistor packs etc.

The PIR's are literally 'glued' to the corner in the room, so removing one... well my wife thought I was going to rip the plaster off ? 

So, here is a front view... they are a Rokonet PIR sensors. Not sure if that helps, let me know. In my previous photo, the PIR's are on zone 1, 2, and 3.

20230820_163337.thumb.jpg.031a482fa1bc4a287bfbb6e9dde2da98.jpg

18 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

As above, most devices have resistors built in now for our market.

You would follow the detection instructions as to which are for power or zone.

Since it's proving challenging to take the existing PIR's off the wall, I will take a look at the wiring inside my current alarm panel - I suspect if the current panel doesn't use resistors then the PIR's likely have them installed. I am open to updating the PIR's if that makes sense.

Thanks, Mark

Don't think those Zodiac's have internal resistors, but it's not something I fit.

You don't have to replace the sensors if they are functional but it would probably be best to do so for relaiblity.

Even detection without resistors can be installed with 1/4W resistors but they should always go at the detector end.

Not sure if this is the place to ask... but here goes. I have a Galaxy Flex RIO unit that I want to add to my system. Unfortunately it's not the powered RIO. Don't suppose anyone has a clever idea for powering a non-powered RIO like it was a powered RIO?

Edited by Grego
Removed photo.

52 minutes ago, Grego said:

Thanks for the suggestion, didn't think of that. Here's the internal...

20230821_191252.thumb.jpg.9528dd34cd40ef658bbc0705ecc3494d.jpg

single EOL

37 minutes ago, Grego said:

Not sure if this is the place to ask... but here goes. I have a Galaxy Flex RIO unit that I want to add to my system. Unfortunately it's not the powered RIO. Don't suppose anyone has a clever idea for powering a non-powered RIO like it was a powered RIO?

just power it off the panel ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God