Security Installer Community

Orisec CP25 - Setting up Ethernet Module

Hi All

I am seeking some help from those experienced with Orisec alarms. I am hoping that this is a straightforward setup.

We have a Orisec CP25, which i understand is now no longer supported. We have been using the alarm connected via Wifi to our home network. However it has connectivity issues intermittently and I have to keep retrying on the mobile app and eventually I get through. To avoid this, I managed to get a Ethernet board (Orisec Ethernet Module P0009-EB-00-02 00 IPM0000105) that sits on top of the existing Orisec ZX-5C Plug in board. I had an installer come in to set it up, which he did and he updated the static IP address, Subnet Mask, etc. on the system with other details. He didn't complete the port details, which I assume was optional. We did successfully see it on the network with it's own IP address as expected. We disconnected from the wi-fi to test it. However it wasn't getting connected to via the app. I assumed that anything further would be automatically setup.

Would anyone know if there are any additional steps or permissions to allow it any differently to the Wifi connection. If anyone can advise here, then that will be appreciated and I can relay the same to the installer when he is next due.

Regards

Edited by Sam Hayes
Correction

8 hours ago, Sam Hayes said:

Hi All

I am seeking some help from those experienced with Orisec alarms. I am hoping that this is a straightforward setup.

We have a Orisec CP25, which i understand is now no longer supported. We have been using the alarm connected via Wifi to our home network. However it has connectivity issues intermittently and I have to keep retrying on the mobile app and eventually I get through. To avoid this, I managed to get a Ethernet board (Orisec Ethernet Module P0009-EB-00-02 00 IPM0000105) that sits on top of the existing Orisec ZX-5C Plug in board. I had an installer come in to set it up, which he did and he updated the static IP address, Subnet Mask, etc. on the system with other details. He didn't complete the port details, which I assume was optional. We did successfully see it on the network with it's own IP address as expected. We disconnected from the wi-fi to test it. However it wasn't getting connected to via the app. I assumed that anything further would be automatically setup.

Would anyone know if there are any additional steps or permissions to allow it any differently to the Wifi connection. If anyone can advise here, then that will be appreciated and I can relay the same to the installer when he is next due.

Regards

Why can't he just get orisec to help him? They have trade support, that seems best to me as you haven't dropped him 

Hi Al-Yeti

Thank you for your quick response. I assume they must have trade support via Orisec too. He did speak to his team regarding the setup but I will ask if they can seek Orisec support. It's just that I assumed that that it may not be supported as it is no longer current.

However as you suggested, I will ask the engineer for this approach.

Thank you.

22 hours ago, Sam Hayes said:

Hi Al-Yeti

Thank you for your quick response. I assume they must have trade support via Orisec too. He did speak to his team regarding the setup but I will ask if they can seek Orisec support. It's just that I assumed that that it may not be supported as it is no longer current.

However as you suggested, I will ask the engineer for this approach.

Thank you.

All products will have some kind of support from the installer , unless the panel is being blocked from services for some reason but this is highly unlikely, I see really old panels still connected to servers various models in different manufacturers ranges , it's not within there interest to disconnect them

However if it's a free app service then maybe an old version panel you would knock if it and don't care, but orisec haven't grown big enough do that yet I would have thought?

Anyways get installer to get support if it works on WiFi it should work on lan 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, AFAIK CP25 is discontinued hence the whole issue.

The engineer got a response from Orisec support and they have said that since I purchased the board independently, then they can't support it. However they wouldn't sell one to me when i asked for it last year. So I don't know what else I could've done here to progress this one any differently.

Anyway, I noted that the one bit differently configured on ethernet vs Wifi last time was the port no that the Wifi currently uses. So i am going to have one last try with the engineer by setting the specific port on the alarm as part of the Ethernet configuration and see if that works. There's nothing else that appears different between the Wifi and ethernet configuration any more, so if that doesn't work too, then I am all out of ideas. The engineer also shared the manual and steps that are documented but there's nothing complicated that I can see. Seems like plug in, configure the 4 items required and that should be it.

I will update after we have tried the above change.

Not really played with Orisec much.

Could they have dropped support for older panels on there platform for new connections, hence why you keep getting told it's not supported?

Explains a local only connection? Is some firewall setup required?

Most manufacturers will give installer support on the phone for a while after a product is EOL.