Security Installer Community

Orisec CP25 - Setting up Ethernet Module

I would restart router, wait till its back on line then restart panel.

Is the ethernet cable a pre made one or did the installer make it? I would test this also just to make sure. 

The CP-25 was the first panel Orisec bought out around 9 years ago and hasn't been made for the past 4 years or so. You could update the panel to a CP-20 with lan card as that is the updated version?

Edited by Hillbilly

Thank you  @sixwheeledbeast and @Hillbilly for your comments. The LAN and Wifi setup uses the same network routing at home and both routes go out though the same gateway, so thinking that the network configuration isn't an issue here as it is already working on Wifi since 2019. I will also test the ethernet cable too for I can imagine the frustration of finding an error there. It is a pre-terminated one from Amazon, but it is a good point you make to test anyway. The engineer is coming back on Wednesday, so hopefully we have some resolution.

On the CP-20 option, I will check with the engineer on this too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Thank you for your help so far. In the end the engineer configured the Ethernet board on our home LAN and I could connect it when I was connected to my home network. However it wasn't accessible via the cloud option. As it's a Lantronix smart XPort module, I could telnet onto it and ping the Orisec DDNS server, with no issues, so it had internet access. I then checked with Orisec support directly and they advised that this board doesn't support the cloud option at all. So all in all a good experience of understanding the configuration and setup but we happen to have a panel with the wrong capabilities. For now, I have reverted back to wifi as I can live with that for the time being.

@Hillbilly The CP-20 panel swap may be the only option. Thank you all again for your help with this.

• Upvote 1