Security Installer Community

ZOSI cameras loss of signal

DavidG

Hello, I recently moved into a new property and it has ZOSI security cameras (model: ZG1062B). The DVR disk broke a few years before I bought the house, so the sellers bought a new DVR (model number ZR08VN) and left it in the box and told me I just had to connect the wires and I was good to go. Ive done that, set up the box, connected all wires, and although the box works there is no signal from any camera.

The seller then said that if I connect the audio cable the cameras will work. This doesnt sound right, but there isnt any cable that connects to the audio IN on the DVR box.

20230110_121358.jpg

There are several camera protocols out there HDCVI AHD POC standard analogue, most recorders are able to work with any encode method but you need to choose the correct encode in the settings of the recorder. Auto encode rarely works.

Start by removing all the cameras from the recorder down power all cameras but one and plug that one camera in the recorder, go to the encode settings and try each encode setting one by one till it works, then add each camera one by one using the same settings as the first. It may seem long winded but trust me if you try and short cut it will take longer.