Security Installer Community

Menvier TSNETLCD to Menvier TSD1 + UK

Serdar13

Hi everyone. My Menvier TSNETLCD display has developed an lcd fault and as its old and not sold any more i was wondering if a Menvier TSD1 + UK model would be a good swap to work with my Menvier TS690. Any help will be appreciated. I would rather find a compatible control panel than get a new alarm system fitted. Worse case scenario get a reasonable new control panel but the Menvier TSD1 + UK i found is New but old stock.

19 minutes ago, Serdar13 said:

Hi everyone. My Menvier TSNETLCD display has developed an lcd fault and as its old and not sold any more i was wondering if a Menvier TSD1 + UK model would be a good swap to work with my Menvier TS690. Any help will be appreciated. I would rather find a compatible control panel than get a new alarm system fitted. Worse case scenario get a reasonable new control panel but the Menvier TSD1 + UK i found is New but old stock.

You talking about a dialler right?

It's of the age that you will need to upgrade the system, or risk a second hand part that will be of equal age.

The TS series is two decades dead and the M series that replaced it is decade dead.

I don't believe the MKP3 that is still available for what is left of Menvier is backwards compatible.

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya everyone. Managed to find a brand new unused menvier TSNETLCD and just fitted and all working as like first installed. Fitted 'MENVIER TSNET PROX PR1' too but any fobs tried could not activate them. Engineer said probably the Menvier TS690 not compatible with 'PROX PR1'. is this the case and any way i can get the proximity fobs working?

36 minutes ago, Serdar13 said:

Hiya everyone. Managed to find a brand new unused menvier TSNETLCD and just fitted and all working as like first installed. Fitted 'MENVIER TSNET PROX PR1' too but any fobs tried could not activate them. Engineer said probably the Menvier TS690 not compatible with 'PROX PR1'. is this the case and any way i can get the proximity fobs working?

I believe only the 900 and 2500 could run prox tags

It's been a while but IIRC, TS690 was a domestic panel separate from the rest of the Network range.

Usually + denoted DD243/Prox tags (ie TS900+) but I believe the TS690 did support tags (or at least I remember a version that did), as it replaced the TS700.

Did you have tags before?

Have you installed the reader correctly?

Was it powered down when you installed it?

How are you learning the tags?

Are the tags or reader duff?

OOI how much was this museum find of a keypad?